Getting Exposure/ISO to Stay Put
1055 6 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

Using the Advanced Mode settings for the camera:
When I flip the switch to "Manual" so that the switch is green, I can manually set ISO and Shutter. However, EV still automatically adjusts based on the scene.

When I flip the switch the other way, I can manually set EV and Shutter, but not ISO, which AGAIN automatically adjusts based on the scene.

How in the world do I get all 3 values to stay "locked in" so that there isn't an automatic adjustment as I'm filming?

2015-3-23
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Good question ...

My problem (using the iphone 5) is that when I want to hide the menu for the manual settings (to be able to see what the camera see) it goes back to automatic ...
2015-3-23
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Swipe the Settings to the left out of the window, it will stay in manual and shows a tiny locksymbol.
2015-3-23
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Midi Posted at 2015-3-24 00:22
Swipe the Settings to the left out of the window, it will stay in manual and shows a tiny locksymbol ...

SWIPE ... "the modern way of doing things!"

Havent tried it yet but ... THANKS!!!
2015-3-23
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

Could anyone answer my original question?
2015-3-25
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I didn't understand your question at first ... Becaus it's "wrong".
EV exposure value ... It's only giving you a reading in manual mode ... Based on how much light there is in your motive ...

Try it in doors and turn your lights up and down and you will understand how it works ...

Basically you should use your manual settings to keep it "arround zero" for a decent exposure ... Or just ignore it (using your histogram and or zebra pattern as your aid for the perfect exposure)
2015-3-25
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

Thanks w1der! I had assumed that when the EV value was changing it was adjusting the exposure. Now I realize that it's just giving me a reading. Thanks!
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules