Gimble Jittering
1290 11 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Every so often during a flight the camera twitches/jitters. I had a really bad case of it the other day but wasn't recording. I'd been flying for aound 5 minutes then it jittered around 5 times in about 30 seconds.
I think it maybe something to do with wind conditions and it could be trying to counteract the wind but it wasn't overly windy... just a thought.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have the latest firmware up to date on the controllers, batters and Inspire. Everything is also calibrated.

Thanks.
2015-3-23
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi David. I have twitch problems with my gimbal too. It is fine for a while during flight and then it seems to give up and wallow around. It then resets itself but after this it twitches every now and again for the rest of the flight. It is apparently going to be addressed in the new firmware update.
2015-3-23
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Actually I was recording and found it.... here's what's happening:
http://youtu.be/dx2TxDlj-Bs

Thanks.
2015-3-23
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Dave,

I've just uploaded a video, would you mind checking if it's the same issue you are having?

Thank you.
2015-3-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

This will be addressed in the next version of the firmware.  No I do not know when, but it is being addressed.
2015-3-23
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for the confirmation.
2015-3-23
Use props
mohlstein
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phantom that twitches like mad. The unit is in California for repair right now. (Been there since 3-8 and just got checked in on the 18th). Here's what mine does....

2015-3-24
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi David. Yes that twitch is very similar to mine but mine.  I noticed on your video that the horizon is not level or stable. Are you flying in gimbal fpv mode?
2015-3-24
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Dave,

I never noticed that myself. I'm not sure, i'll have a check next time I get it out and check what settings I'm using.
2015-3-25
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I just watched the original video and the horizon is only not level after the gimbal twitches, so hopefully the update will resolve this.

Thanks.
2015-3-25
Use props
bdavid01
New

United States

my inspire did this as well.  I was told by DJI tech support that there is NO fix via firmware and they insisted that I send my entire unit, RC's and all, back to DJI in LA.  its been gone for several weeks now and it was only a few weeks old with no incidents.  I am VERY displeased with the full price refurb that I am about to own.  
2015-3-25
Use props
skyeboysteve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5616722 ft
United States

I know this tread concerns the Inspire, but I've been noticing a similar issue with gimble twitch on my Phantom 3 Pro that happens when flying sideways (perpendicular) to my flight path--at least while "return to home" is activated.  It seems to happen more often while flying sideways at maximum descent and lateral speed in gusty winds.  As soon as I rotate around in the direction of flight, the issue goes away.  I was hoping it was just turbulence as the winds seem to be rather gusty whenever it's happened.  I figured an Inspire 1 gimble wouldn't have this issue thanks to the spherical design; so hopefully it's something else that can be fixed by firmware updates...
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules