Simulator - wind
1409 9 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Just found a setting for wind in the simulator ... Is that new or did I just not see it b4 !?
Makes atti mode more fun in the simulator anyways

2015-3-23
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

always been there for ios users.
2015-3-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes the wind setting in the simulator is very good.  If you take it up to about 17.5 this is about its limit and it struggles to come back in the simulator mode.  

We need DJI to introduce other modes also into the simulator such as Trees, buildings etc
2015-3-23
Use props
Luinil
lvl.2

United States

I highly recommend spending time in the simulator. Been flying the simulator almost everyday while I wait for props. Have found it great for learning to fly in ATTI mode with the wind cranked up. It is a real challenge especially when flying at low altitudes. Am also spending quite a bit of time in IOC mode so that I can understand it better.
2015-3-23
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I didn't know this too cool..
2015-3-23
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yeah 12 mph wind in ATTI is a challenge to land on the dot with a diagonal wind!
2015-3-23
Use props
DiveRSQ
lvl.1

United States

I would like to see these additions.
USE THE SIM WITHOUT TURNING ON THE BIRD!! I hate having to power up the inspire and let it sit there draining a good battery for nothing. It seems stupid.
FPV Mode.
Add buildings and other obstacles.
Different environments maybe even indoors.
the ability to hover and manipulate the camera and see what it does just like it would in real life.
Gusting Wind. The wind it has is cool but I want it to gust un expectedly to learn to respond to it.
Simulate lose of signal or different things like that at different intervals.
Video out to another screen. just like the client would see on site.

Overall I love the sim but would like it to be a trainer to let me hon my skills.
2015-3-25
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

DiveRSQ Posted at 2015-3-25 23:44
I would like to see these additions.
USE THE SIM WITHOUT TURNING ON THE BIRD!! I hate having to powe ...

You want to manipulate the camera but with the bird turned off ?
Explain more please>
2015-3-25
Use props
DiveRSQ
lvl.1

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-26 00:39
You want to manipulate the camera but with the bird turned off ?
Explain more please>

I want the sim to be able to show an fpv view. Say i wanted to fly around someones house. At the sim could show either vie,  line of sight (like what we have) or what the camera saw when flying FPV. That way we could practice with 2 remotes photographing clients stuff or panning and zooming.

I am probably not articulating what I would like well, my wife tells me that all the time.
2015-3-25
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DiveRSQ Posted at 2015-3-26 02:36
I want the sim to be able to show an fpv view. Say i wanted to fly around someones house. At the s ...

I get what you are saying.

I have been saying from the outset that we need more modes in the simulator when updated, such as buildings and trees etc. to practice flying adjacent to structures etc.

2015-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules