2600 7 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys! i was told to start new thread for different questions.

so Question - beacuse i don't quite recognize the input into the controller - is this a micro USB connection to lightning connect? Can I buy a longer cable online and just swap them out?

The iPhone7+ really doesn't fit all too great into the rubber housing and im thinking i just want a longer cable and have the phone sitting off of it.
2017-7-27
Use props
JimDronesOnAndO
New
United States

Seems a lot of people have this issue particularly with a case. Best advice I've heard is: a) get an appropriately long USB to lightning cable and plug it into the full-size USB port on bottom of the controller b) run the lightning connector through the gap in left side rubberized holder and plug into phone. The benefits are you can even leave your phone in protective case and home button is now available. The right and left holders already provide enough tension to keep the phone secure and you typically support it from sides/bottom anyway.
2017-7-27
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JimDronesOnAndO Posted at 2017-7-27 07:24
Seems a lot of people have this issue particularly with a case. Best advice I've heard is: a) get an appropriately long USB to lightning cable and plug it into the full-size USB port on bottom of the controller b) run the lightning connector through the gap in left side rubberized holder and plug into phone. The benefits are you can even leave your phone in protective case and home button is now available. The right and left holders already provide enough tension to keep the phone secure and you typically support it from sides/bottom anyway.

OMG - i did not see the USB connector on the bottom..... that is awesome. Will be using that tonight!!!

thank you!
2017-7-27
Use props
fansce04c9dd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1573658 ft
Sweden

Remember to unplug the other cable from the controller, it won't work with it.
2017-7-27
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

this is great!

so question - can i plug the side port in for power and still use the USB on the bottom for connection?
2017-7-27
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2017-7-27 08:28
this is great!

so question - can i plug the side port in for power and still use the USB on the bottom for connection?

"so question - can i plug the side port in for power and still use the USB on the bottom for connection?"

Yes, If I am out flying I can usually get 4 batteries used up before the controller needs charging, I plug a Mini Max Charger into the charge port and USB into the USB Port to the phone/tablet. Now I always use both at the same time so the controller is charging while flying.
Mini Max on Ebay, this thing will jump start any vehicle and comes with an array of different cables to charge any type of phone/tablet and of course the controller for the Mavic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12000-mA ... OSw4CFY21nA&vxp=mtr
2017-7-27
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

so really the only big limitation is actually the smart batteries on the mavic (we have 3 now from that package we bought)

this is really useful info! looking forward to really giving this a go today
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, info above is correct. You can connect the mobile device via the button's port, remember to remove the cable on the side or it won't work.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules