what happen if VPS off & i push RTH
862 7 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andry_shin
lvl.2
Indonesia

im too scare to try this, so i ask first here, what happen if i switch RTH and the vps off? are the drone fly to home point at my setting altitude?

2017-7-29
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it will still return to home.  It just won't be a precision landing since its not using the vps.  
2017-7-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i recently did a night flight ie no ambient light and therefore VPS not opperational.
2017-7-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Sorry.. RTH function brought the mavic home perfectly but on landing i had to be careful as it came down very fast. I realised that due to no VPS the drone did not seem to be able to detect the ground and seemed as though it would land at high speed unless i controlled it
2017-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is a descent speed limit, you will have no problems.
2017-7-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-30 09:56
There is a descent speed limit, you will have no problems.

my descent speed could have been related to sport mode i may have been flying in at that time - i should have/could have switched sport off but did not think of it at the time - in fact only thought of it now as a possible reason since u say there is a descent speed limit.
will do another night flight and try recreate the situation and work out why the rapid descent occurred - will also test a full RTH in the dark.
2017-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-30 11:02
my descent speed could have been related to sport mode i may have been flying in at that time - i should have/could have switched sport off but did not think of it at the time - in fact only thought of it now as a possible reason since u say there is a descent speed limit.
will do another night flight and try recreate the situation and work out why the rapid descent occurred - will also test a full RTH in the dark.

3 M/S for Mavic
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andry, do not worry, disabled VPS will not affect the normal RTH. Please take care when you landing.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules