United Kingdom

time lapse
2017-7-29
Use props
charlesP4P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice, have spent a lot of time over the years  in the Highlands in the area from Ft William to Durness, Skye - this is my first year with a drone - P4P - hope to get footage as good
2017-7-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Toorboy Posted at 2017-7-29 23:56
time lapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU3OAGnRgcE

Aloha Toorboy,

Nice video, some really good shot angles, especially with the sun reflection.  Hey, that loch did not look little to me!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-30
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

charlesP4P Posted at 2017-7-30 00:23
Very nice, have spent a lot of time over the years  in the Highlands in the area from Ft William to Durness, Skye - this is my first year with a drone - P4P - hope to get footage as good

its good to get footage of these places charlesP4P
its just getting the weather to match thats the tricky bit lol
2017-7-30
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-30 00:45
Aloha Toorboy,

Nice video, some really good shot angles, especially with the sun reflection.  Hey, that loch did not look little to me!

thanks Cetacean yeh its a good sized loch
i wonder how it got its name? theres only a
handful of houses here about 10-12 in total
2017-7-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Toorboy Posted at 2017-7-30 00:58

Aloha Toorboy,

Did they do a lot of logging there and strip the mountain slopes?  Still trees around one of the houses.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-30
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Great job Toorboy!
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toorboy Posted at 2017-7-30 00:58

It likely got its name because its smaller than its neighbour "Loch Broom" which runs from Ullapool inland.

Some nice footage again
2017-7-31
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-30 01:25
Aloha Toorboy,

Did they do a lot of logging there and strip the mountain slopes?  Still trees around one of the houses.

timber companys have stripped the ar*s oot the country Cetacean
everywhere you go bits of forest missing its a shame like
2017-7-31
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

thanks Bracco
2017-7-31
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-31 02:34
It likely got its name because its smaller than its neighbour "Loch Broom" which runs from Ullapool inland.

Some nice footage again

ahh now i see Aardvark thanks for that man i never knew
there was another loch broom
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-30 01:25
Aloha Toorboy,

The Forestry Commission owns a lot of land in the UK to produce timber in a managed way. The trees round the house are probably just a wind break. A lot of the higher land is not much use for producing anything else apart from timber, sheep or deer.
2017-7-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Toorboy Posted at 2017-7-31 09:44
timber companys have stripped the ar*s oot the country Cetacean
everywhere you go bits of forest missing its a shame like

Aloha Toorboy,

Bummer!  Easy to tell by your videos.  The same thing happened here in Hawai'i.  But the jungle that has recovered is all made up of invasive species.

I hope Scotland has better luck or at least a plan that has learned from others.  They should have tree planting parties like other parts of the world.  The sooner you start, the sooner you see results.  Just pick the right kinds of trees.  Albezia trees were planted over here because of their gigantic canopy and fast growth.  Now we know how dangerous they are.  An old Albezia can drop a 15 ton branch on a beautiful windless day and destroy property and kill people enjoying the shade.  Not a good idea after all for that particular tree.  Now we got to figure out how to get rid of them.  Dangerous!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-31 10:00
The Forestry Commission owns a lot of land in the UK to produce timber in a managed way. The trees round the house are probably just a wind break. A lot of the higher land is not much use for producing anything else apart from timber, sheep or deer.

Aloha Aardvark,

Your point is well made.  You can see that in Toorboy's videos over the last year.  Trees are useful for more than timber though.  They are useful as erosion control and carbon sinks to.  But it is hard to grow trees above the "tree line".  With global warming though, the tree line is moving more North (and South at the other end of the planet) and that allows more tree planting.  Farming trees is a good management strategy but you have to go back and plant the trees.  The Earth needs more trees planted now than ever before.

(If you really do not want to get worried though, do not look into what is happening with the frozen methane that is now thawing out at the poles and the bottom of the ocean.  Methane is a much worse greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.)

We are quickly loosing the Amazon, the lungs of the planet, to development.  We need more trees elsewhere since efforts to stop the development of the Amazon are not working fast enough.  BTW, drones are a big, new tool in the fight to slow down the development of the Amazon.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-31
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

im not to sure about the details of global warming or who owns the land guys
when i am not out with the drone i barely poke my head out from my cave lol
it does sadden me when i see chunks of a forest missing though
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toorboy Posted at 2017-8-1 09:30
im not to sure about the details of global warming or who owns the land guys
when i am not out with the drone i barely poke my head out from my cave lol
it does sadden me when i see chunks of a forest missing though

It's a continual turnover, the forestry is continually planting and reaping, I believe the quickest harvest is about a 25 year period, so these things don't happen over night. Your doing a fine job with the video work though. Perhaps I just need to jump in the car and go...
2017-8-1
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-1 16:18
It's a continual turnover, the forestry is continually planting and reaping, I believe the quickest harvest is about a 25 year period, so these things don't happen over night. Your doing a fine job with the video work though. Perhaps I just need to jump in the car and go...

beware the dreaded midgie Aardvark they are nippy lol
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules