550 2 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BNags63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228632 ft
United States

Hello all,
              I wanted to share my latest firmware experience. Let me first say that I did the whole firmware refresh thing, IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, RC is updated, most recent app installed on my iPad. I did not do anything out of the ordinary, just exactly what I previously mentioned. So, just for the hell of it, I decided to just take it out back to watch it shimy and shake, and get aggravated all over again, but then, I was shocked to see what I saw! After taking off, about 4' off the ground, there was that twitching going on just like before. BUT, this lasted for a couple of seconds........when all of a sudden.......BAM, a rock solid hover! I held this hover for approx. six minutes, just to see it the twitchy would occur again. I will say, I did not go for any world records on this flight, but I did manage to fly around a bit with total control. Stick movement response time was what it should be. Video feed did not drop out. It appears to be flying like it before the dreaded firmware update. After uploading and watching the video, I was amazed at steadiness of this thing. The video (during the hover) actually looked like a still photo! I am actually looking forward until tomorrow to push it a little further. As far as the updated app, the gimbal yaw adjustment does not change value. I will go through the app some more as I am using it. Once again, this is strictly my experience and I did nothing different than what I have mention earlier.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thank you for your positive feedback first. It is a feature of gimbal yaw value not change. Please turn on the Grid and check the slightly changes. If there is any further questions, please contact us anytime.
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-30 23:23
Thank you for your positive feedback first. It is a feature of gimbal yaw value not change. Please turn on the Grid and check the slightly changes. If there is any further questions, please contact us anytime.

"It is a feature of gimbal yaw value not change."

How can it be a 'feature' that the value does not change ?

When I test the new yaw adjustment (introduced in DJI Go 4 V4.1.4), it adjusts the Gimbal roll. If I move from "Gimbal yaw adjustment" to "Gimbal roll adjustment" I can also see the values have changed. That is using DJI Go 4 V4.1.5 and all the latest firmware updates.
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules