Compass 1 disconnected
2783 3 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JePe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247769 ft
Netherlands

Question. I get a Compass error 1 - disconnected error now.

Re-calibrating does not help (even in the field with no metal what so ever around), firmware re-install.. didn't help.  I did all the calibrations and all stuff adviced...

Got it on the case/box... got the error ... lifted the drone... got me no error, but... afterwoulds, all the settings where gone to default so it looks, got locked to 50 meters height and 30 meters distance...
once at home, got that error again.

Thought it could be 'magnetising' of the compass sensor, bought a degausser... no luck. Got contact with DJI support... not very helpfull (even the repair procedure is weird)... the guy who sold me the degausser stated that probably the sensor has a cable breach or loosy contact... Advised me to buy new landinggear...

So questions for you guys:
- did any of you had this compass disconnected error also, and what did you do?
- did any of you buy new landinggear for the Phantom 4 Pro, which, sadly, are not sold anywhere, other then ebay!
- did any of you guys fix the compass sensors themselves? I saw a clip on youtube, that it's pretty darn difficult to even get to that sensor
- did any of you guys every sent your drone back to DJI, and... how fast was that and what did it cost you?

Thnx in advanced.

JePe.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

For the Compass 1 Disconnected error, it might be the hardware issue and we would recommend you to contact our Support Team via support.eu@dji.com and arrange repair. For the repair cost, our colleagues will do damage assessment to confirm the exact status once received. Free of charge will be applied if it is a warranty case.
2017-8-1
Use props
scooter23
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 19:44
For the Compass 1 Disconnected error, it might be the hardware issue and we would recommend you to contact our Support Team via  and arrange repair. For the repair cost, our colleagues will do damage assessment to confirm the exact status once received. Free of charge will be applied if it is a warranty case.

Another Spark Compass 1 Disconnected issue.  My spark gave me this error after yesterday's flight where a "No Transmission Signal" was received while in flight.  The drone proceeded to land in place without returning to the home point (not good).  Once I retrieved the spark, there was a compass calibration error in red scrolling across the top of my iphone 6s.  When I went into the compass settings, I found the Compass 1 Disconnected error.  I am away from all possible magnetic interference but the error remains.  Help please.
2018-1-2
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a hardware issue Guys. Time to see Dr. DJI
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now