2094 10 2015-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maneiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77323 ft
Canada

Hello around -

I'm wondering whether there is a car charger available for I1?

I'd like to travel ocassionally to far places and I only have three batteries for I1. As I don't want to book a room in a hotel just for charging
the batteries, it would be easy and convenient, while on the highway, to hook up the batteries in a car charging device which is designed for the TB47/TB48.
Has anyone heard of such a device?
I appreciate a link provided. Thx in advance.-

2015-3-24
Use props
ian
lvl.1

United States

I bought a 150W inverter from Amazon to plug into cigar lighter. Check the fuse on the car as mine has one at 150W and another at 200W. I so not think many cars go higher than that so you would need to attach anything of higher wattage directly to your battery. The non pure sine wave ones are small and low cost. I bought Non-pure sine wave
and
pure sine wave
2015-3-24
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Get only pure sign wave you can damage motherboard with square sign wave inverters.
2015-3-24
Use props
maneiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77323 ft
Belgium

Sorry for my late answer, friends.

Your answers will help meet the right decision.
Thank you again and have a nice flight all the times.-

Mike
2015-3-30
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-25 15:19
Get only pure sign wave you can damage motherboard with square sign wave inverters.

Dangair,
How one can know that an inverter is pure sine wave or not?
What are the specs one should look for to be able to charge 2 TB48 at the same time, but without blowing a fuse on a normal SUV or saloon car?
Thanks,
Bogdan
2015-3-31
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Your car user manual should list the power rating of the cigar lighter in W or current in A. You need to make sure that the output wattage of the cigar lighter is significantly greater than the rated power of the charger (100W) to allow for conversion losses. If your lighter port is rated at 200W you should not connect two chargers to it but better connect it to the battery using crocodile clips (they ones over 150W tend to come with both. I bought two as my car has two ports fused separately and I did not fancy pushing my luck on just one with two chargers.

Dangair has a point that pure sine wave inverters are preferable as they generate a signal that resembles an AC supply in your house; the non-sine wave looks stepped and blocky but bear in mind that the charger is  a switching over supply that uses the same technique to get to the lower voltage. The current is rectified (i.e. turned to DC) before it enters the DJI battery so it may not matter. Many people are charging their phones on non pure sine wave inverters.

If you follow the links I included in my first reply you will see that they are both 300W inverters, one is tiny and costs $36 and the other is 5 times the size and costs $150. I am yet to test them, I was too busy flying over the last two weeks.
2015-3-31
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I periodically see someone with a small portable generator.  Not sure if this would be an option for you.
2015-3-31
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-3-31 17:58
I periodically see someone with a small portable generator.  Not sure if this would be an option for ...

I've also seen someone plugging their charger into the car through their trailer lights.  I just would be afraid of blowing out fuses (just my 2 cents).
2015-3-31
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-31 16:42
Dangair,
How one can know that an inverter is pure sine wave or not?
What are the specs one should ...

You will require a 400 watt pure sign wave inverter wired directly to your car battery. You should install a suitable fuse between the battery and the firewall inline. This is no different than a boo box car stereo system except the power consumption is constant not peaking. The purpose for the fuse is to prevent a battery or wire fire in the event that the wire is rubbed bare and  let to ground on the chassis. It is also a good practice to install a fuse at the business end but not required.
A pure sign wave inverter may not actually be required but when sensitive electronic equipment is being powered it is a good idea. For instance a square sign wave may cause a computer screen to flicker when viewed during charge but there is much more to square and pure sign wave that is beyond the scope of this discussion. Suffice it to say an inverter will tell you if it is a pure signwave or not. Almost any car stereo shop will be able to help you out. Be sure 120 volts comes out the business end not 24 or 220.
2015-3-31
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Oh and at 120 v you will need to see 40 Amps of current. Amps times volts equals watts. I  always shoot for more power on any system so as not to get heat buildup. Cooler is better!
2015-3-31
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-3-31 17:59
I've also seen someone plugging their charger into the car through their trailer lights.  I just w ...

Not sure how a 120 volt ac input power supply will plug into trailer lights? Remember the rectangular device that is supplied to ( charge your batteries is NOT a charger ) it's a power supply with an input voltage of 120v Ac and an output of 23.6v if my memory serves me correctly. You can purchase power supplies that are designed to do this without the DJI logo. Of course there is the matter of the amount of current it delivers, this is why guys are building gang chargers with multiple DJI power supplies. What we don't know is if the batteries have a protection circuit that limits the current. There are power supplies used in amateur radio that you can dial in the voltage out and the current supplied but the tend to be very expensive, in the end the DJI power supplies would likely be cheaper.
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules