Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BRE1Aj5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76693 ft
Israel

hi all what i need to do now ???
i am so scared to use my bird now .
all i read and see in  youtube/here is mavic crash ,mavic lost and  ........ (not user err) i dont have extra cash and i waited so long to buy one
i cant wait to play with the mavic  do i need wait for any update news ......is it safe or not ?
i am so Frustrated   Regrets that I bought it
and advice for me ty
(sorry if my eng bad)

2017-8-3
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Read the manual and read it again.  Make sure you understand the way the Mavic works. Watch some beginner Mavic tutorials on Youtube.Make sure you are in beginner mode and then go to a nice big field and fly.  It's actually very easy to fly.
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No need to be afraid, you tube is no reflection on how the hundreds of thaosands of Mavics are flying all over the world quite safely. Read the link below it will help with your preparation.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-8-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Go fly and have fun! if You are unlucky You'll lose it even not flying ;)
I understand the feeling as I myself hesitated several times to fly (i had a lot of problems) but then I decided to enjoy it while lasting so now I fly virtually every day - being careful but not scared ;)
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_BRE1Aj5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76693 ft
Israel

Ty for the tips
2017-8-3
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Fly your Mavic in Beginner Mode until you have gained more confidence.  
2017-8-3
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just do the pre-flight checks described in some Youtube videos and the manual, and have fun.  The only real problem I've had in 89 flights is the app crashes.  But, the Mavic has been rock solid for me.  Good Luck!
2017-8-3
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Flight distance : 12196
2017-8-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

V_kingo Posted at 2017-8-3 17:43
Flight distance : 12196

I had the same feeling here???  Maybe he needs some attention...
2017-8-3
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Not hard to quickly rack up the distance.

To the OP: If you are worried, try in an open field first until you are confident on your reaction in case of emergencies. And you can always set a limit to distance away from you, as well as height.
2017-8-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Get out there and fly.  More importantly, don't read the forum.  Remember, people who come here come to complain.  You don't see many, if any, coming here to give glowing reports of how good it is.  Most of us have had no trouble at all with it.  Quit reading that side of the story and fly.  Watch a few tutorials, always fly with a full battery, and keep it in VISUAL LINE OF SIGHT.  Start slow, learn the basics, fly within the guidelines, and have a ball.  The more you fly, the more confidence you'll have, and the more you'll enjoy it.
2017-8-3
Use props
Drink Windex
New
Flight distance : 262487 ft
United States

So I got my first mavic, flew the crap outta it, reckless abandon, full tilt everywhere, max altitude, max speed, max distance away from me.

then one day, Mavic meets tree branch, then Mavic meets Pavement. bummer. Send in, pay, they repair, send back, YAY new mavic.

so lesson learned? buy DJI care Refresh!!

and GO FLY!
2017-8-3
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What can go wrong?
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Practice makes perfect. And here is the user manual, please read it carefully before trying. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.6.pdf
2017-8-3
Use props
Lay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185449 ft
Finland

What is the worst thing that could happen? You buy an expensive drone and never use it ;)
2017-8-3
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-8-3 18:58
Get out there and fly.  More importantly, don't read the forum.  Remember, people who come here come to complain.  You don't see many, if any, coming here to give glowing reports of how good it is.  Most of us have had no trouble at all with it.  Quit reading that side of the story and fly.  Watch a few tutorials, always fly with a full battery, and keep it in VISUAL LINE OF SIGHT.  Start slow, learn the basics, fly within the guidelines, and have a ball.  The more you fly, the more confidence you'll have, and the more you'll enjoy it.

so true, if people stay and read all the complaints, they never fly
2017-8-4
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

Internet is like society, people with issues are the ones shouting the loudest.  You never hear about people having a quiet and happy life...

Go fly!
2017-8-4
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

You only build confidence by flying. Start flying close to yourself and get away step by step. Do not unbox the bird and fly 5 km... And remember, most of the crashes (despite some faulty units / firm issues just after launch) are pilot error.
2017-8-4
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

No need to be worried. Just be smart and mitigate risks. Like, have Return to Home set, a strong GPS signal, and compass. Get to know how the drone flies. and learn by looking at the drone, not at the camera feed. You want to be able to fly the drone home if the feed goes down. Also don't be afraid to take off and land yourself, these skills come in handy if systems go down. Again you are preparing yourself for future instances when problems could occur to safely and calming recover. And lastly, Don't fly too close to things fly in an open field, then you won't hit anything. As you gain skill and confidence you will find yourself flying higher and further and closer to obstacles.
2017-8-4
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

honestly, if you are afraid from other people's experiences, that's stupid. Everyone has a different expierence, and it is all about how you handle your drone. If you are careful, and don't do dangerous within 1 hour of getting your done and crash it, and then blame dji, that's just stupid. Practice, practice, and practice again. Start with basic maneuvers like a square so you get used to the front, roll left right, etc. If you are afraid, watch some tutorial videos. But in my opinion, whenever people say "I saw these people crash it, so I am never going to use it" sorry, but that's just fking stupid. Accidents happen, but that's why insurance exists. Take it slow at first and then once you get more comfortable do more. "Is it safe" as long as you don't put your head into the blades, yes, it is safe. Don't fly it within 3 feet of people, and when you jsut start and are afraid, stay further away. Fly in an open area where nothing can interfere with your drone. Don't fly where you can't see your drone, leave that for when you get more experienced. Just take it slow, and please stop making assumptions before you even get your fking drone.
2017-8-4
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I'm still nervous every time I take mine out. I've had a lot of great flights and no problems. Until last flight when I lost signal to my tablet and was unable to see anything. I'm glad that I kept line of sight. Without that I would have been screwed. Could have lost my Mavic. So yeah I'm still nervous about flying. Now more than ever since with each update more and more people are having problems. Almost think that they might be doing it on purpose just to get the money from replacement and repairs. Up until the last update I never had a problem.
2017-8-4
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

I thought my Mavic was the Dream Drone until I got some system glitch, I can trust my one anymore.
So, it is nice machine to have but there is the risk to have issues later on.
Fingers cross, and hope you have a Mavic from good batch. Quality is not constant.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules