P4P Yaw Motor Replacement
1883 2 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans99a8dcf2
New
United States

I recently replaced the yaw motor in my P4P because i broke the ribbon cable in a crash.  Now the camera turns all the way to the right and stays there and gives me a "Gimbal Overload" message.  I took it to a repair shop and they said that the circuit boards are matched to specific yaw motors and that replacing a motor or circuitboard will create this kind of behavior and there is nothing to do but replace the entire gimbal.  There are lots of reports about this kind of behavior on the internet.  Has anyone else here had this issue?
2017-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans99,

Yes others have asked about it and eventually got the same answer you did.  But unless you can return what you bought and get the whole gimbal as recommended, you could do what someone suggested that is similar to what we did in the P2 days.  The money is spent already so there would be no more loss.

The center pin is held in place by compression (or used to be), find a way to rotate the center pin so it aligns properly.  Nothing to loose but hard to get it perfectly centered.  But it can be done.  After centering, if the compression is obviously lost, you may have to make a preventer out of a paper clip like we used to do in the P2 days.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We feel sorry for the accident you have suffered. I would recommend you send it in for fully diagnosis and repair, please refer to the link below to contact the support to start a repair case.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules