Quick Question on Ground Station
1399 5 2015-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkaser
lvl.2

United States

I have had a Phantom 2 Vision + ver. 3.0 since January and have made many flights, all of them successful I also have had many Ground Station flights.   I always lose contact with controller during the Ground Station mission but the Phantom continues on its mission and finishes.  This past weekend, the Phantom set off on the mission, I lost contact with the controller and the Phantom began to hover for 2 minutes and then returned home.  I didn't know this until I reviewed the video but I knew something was wrong as it stated Return to Home and was coming from the  wrong direction than I expected from the mission.  I'm still at 3.08 and have made no software updates.  I immediately checked my S1 and S2 when I saw it returning home and they were both up and the controller was on.  Just curious why it would have done this.
2015-3-25
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

What are the limits you have set for flight - height and distance?  If you reached either of those RTH is initiated.  Just a first thought.
2015-3-25
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

hmmm temporary loss of GPS signal (< 6 sats) ,  really difficult to say without on-board log data.
2015-3-25
Use props
jkaser
lvl.2

United States

Thanks nrgwise.  I have the height and distance at the default - just under 400 ft in height and I can't remember the distance.  I haven't changed these and I have flown this same Ground Station pattern before and it always continued to fly.  Maybe I should increase the distance?
2015-3-25
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

I think there default both at 400. You will have to plug into computer to find out, after you have all software downloaded. Mine was set at 400 for both distance and height before I changed them.
2015-3-25
Use props
jkaser
lvl.2

United States

I checked my limits and they are 394 feet for height and 5,249 feet for max radius.  I was certainly within those limits.
2015-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules