My Panoramic Photos
627 8 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rip City John
lvl.1
United States

I wanted to show off some of my cool panorama created with my Mavic Pro and Lightroom.  See what you think.
John

Lake Oswego, OR

Lake Oswego, OR

Willamette Falls, OR

Willamette Falls, OR
2017-8-4
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Very nice shots! Have you tried full 360˚?
2017-8-4
Use props
Rip City John
lvl.1
United States

Brian88 Posted at 2017-8-4 09:46
Very nice shots! Have you tried full 360˚?

Thanks!  The second photo, of the falls, is almost 360 degrees.  Lightroom wasn't able to stitch in the final frame.  
2017-8-4
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Quality photos bud
2017-8-4
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Rip City John Posted at 2017-8-4 10:05
Thanks!  The second photo, of the falls, is almost 360 degrees.  Lightroom wasn't able to stitch in the final frame.

Oh, bummer! Have you tried stitching in Photoshop? I know they are similar, but PS may have more capability than the than Lightroom in this instance? This is a wild assumption though.
2017-8-4
Use props
Rip City John
lvl.1
United States

Brian88 Posted at 2017-8-4 10:34
Oh, bummer! Have you tried stitching in Photoshop? I know they are similar, but PS may have more capability than the than Lightroom in this instance? This is a wild assumption though.

Yes, and sometime I get better results with Photoshop.  In this case it didn't matter.  I shoot panoramas with my DSLRs too and I often try stitching them in both applications.  I created one that is over 50k pixels wide.
I do the same thing when creating HDR photos.  I frequently shoot bracketed photos and then merge them into HDR's.  Sometime the results look good, other times not so much.
2017-8-4
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

What software did you use to stitch the photo.. and how many photo did you take in order to get this panoramic affect
2017-8-4
Use props
Rip City John
lvl.1
United States

neo0 Posted at 2017-8-4 14:57
What software did you use to stitch the photo.. and how many photo did you take in order to get this panoramic affect

It generally takes me six or seven photos to create a 360 degree panorama.  The number varies depending on how much overlap there is.
Normally I use Adobe Lightroom to stitch the photos.  Sometimes I use Photoshop when I'm not getting the desired results in Lightroom.
I've used Lightroom to stitch as many as twenty photos shot with my Canon DSLR into a panorama.  That produced a photo over 50,000 pixels wide.  The panoramas I create with the Mavic are around 20,000 pixels wide.
2017-8-4
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Rip City John Posted at 2017-8-4 15:24
It generally takes me six or seven photos to create a 360 degree panorama.  The number varies depending on how much overlap there is.
Normally I use Adobe Lightroom to stitch the photos.  Sometimes I use Photoshop when I'm not getting the desired results in Lightroom.
I've used Lightroom to stitch as many as twenty photos shot with my Canon DSLR into a panorama.  That produced a photo over 50,000 pixels wide.  The panoramas I create with the Mavic are around 20,000 pixels wide.

Thanks for the info
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules