FC-40 support
2757 2 2014-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D-MO
lvl.1

United States

Ok I've been wondering if DJI is planning on giving us a FC-40 camera upgrade kit.. Most people out grow the camera very quickly. I'm considering buying the walkera ilook camera and gimbal plus a receiver monitor or goggles. They are cheap and easy to install, but I would rather use a DJI product.. So I was wondering if they have anything in the works.. there are tons people on the internet asking how to upgrade the camera, People would buy them up quick, it would be a huge seller.. Also what about the FC-40 magnetic declination fix??!!! You can do it for the vision2 but not for us?? I sometimes wonder if DJI is not supporting the FC-40 in order to get the owners to upgrade to V2? I hope not because that is a poor marketing strategy, and I have to say there are a lot of people in the forums wondering the same.. you would make more money off the gear if you made it universal among the phantoms so people can upgrade their bird slowly as they can afford it. you know be able to upgrade the FC-40 to or similar to the V2 then to theV2+. That's a good marketing strategy. Plus it's easier to mark up a less expensive product than a high price one. So you could actually make more money, a lot  more. And you're going to have a happier customer base that's exited to buy the next product. Honestly if you're planning on dropping the phantom 1 platform then your better of doing it sooner than later. if not then your just creating more customers that will be disappointed when you do. And if we have to buy Walkera or anyone else's products to get my FC-40 to where it has any real FPV capabilities like the V2's then why not just buy a Walkera bird?? Its not like you guys don't read the ratings in the play store or other forums.. You could sell a V2 camera that works on 2.4ghz for the FC-40. Put a built in transmitter and a receiver that goes on the controller neatly that you can hook your phone to like the V2. If other manufacturers can do it you could too, and keep that revenue. You could even sell the same signal boosters so we can get some decent range.. The real problem we have.. the bird isn't compatible with any of the FPV gear out there due to the frequency.. some people are even saying that they think you suckered them in buy selling them a product that leaves them no other choice but to buy a V2 because you cant get 2.4ghz FPV gear readily or with many options. By the way the phone app is worthless for out of view flight, even if it's in sight it scares me when it freezes for 30 seconds and I have to search the sky to find it and see if its even in the air anymore.. Eventually I will lose it a lot of others on the web have. I'm not just being a whiner here, I'm trying to help.. If you haven't taken the time to look the topic up on the web try it. Think about it, if we can't even get a firmware upgrade for the magnetic declination issue like the v2's, let alone the camera issue, then who the hell's going to buy another DJI? I know you're the best company for UAV or I wouldn't have bought one from you in the first place. I planned on giving the FC-40 to my kid when I upgraded to the V2+ and I'm ready, but now I'm hesitating. Most of the birds you sell go to the west coast and magnetic declination is awful, when I let go of the sticks my bird goes five feet to the left before it stops every time and there's nothing I can do about it until you update the firmware (that should include a go home and land on low battery option and selectable return elevation, if you care to know what people want). That's just simple programming, how much does that cost in relation to customer satisfaction. And the camera upgrade kit would make you a fortune if you do it for around 300 bucks or less.. Just so you know, most the FC-40 owners out there that have the same issues with their bird and are going to upgrade, aren't planning to buy another DJI from what I've seen on most UAV forums I've been on. And when I realized you just opened up a forum I thought I should put in my two cents as soon as possible. I don't want to buy my gear from another company or china just because you don't offer it. It seems like you've gave up support on the product I just bought. The declination issue should have been put out at the same time as the V2 just to keep your customers feeling secure about their investment. Its been over a month, how secure do you think we feel now? We need you to update the firmware (hopefully with the upgrades I mentioned) and offer a camera upgrade since we cant get one anywhere else in 2.4ghz without cobbling together a bunch of different gear from a bunch of different manufacturers, that's not going to happen. If people aren't satisfied with their fist product they buy from a company, 90% of the time their second purchase isn't from the same company. So do us all a favor,, get that firmware fix out now, like yesterday and seriously consider the FC-40 camera upgrade system. From what I understand the FC-40 is your biggest seller, remember people bought it because they can't afford anymore than that, and that's not going to change for them anytime soon. So don't count on them buying a V2. I'm not writing this crying about what I want like a baby, I'm writing it to give you the public input that you apparently need. Thanks for making a great product, but don't leave it on the sidelines. You can only sell what people want and right now they want a better camera to put on their FC-40. remember a cheap effective 2.4ghz camera and/or gimbal is going to sell like hotcakes to people with other name brand birds too.

Thanks for listening
                                                                  David S. Motheral
2014-10-18
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, we will evaluate it.
2014-10-20
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 on that.  

After just a few weeks I am already starting to look at a camera upgrade with a cheap gimbal.  Would be nice if I could get one from the company that made the original and are then willing to support it as a package.  
2014-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules