Lever control of h3-3d gimble
2073 7 2014-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
franksoda
lvl.1
United States

I'm using a P2 with H3-3D, GoPro3+ and have the same problem others have posted.  I have the latest upgrades to all firmware etc installed.  Everything works except the lever on the back of the controller has no affect on the gimble.  It will not move up/down right or left.  In the Phantom Asst. software under the gimble tab I can cause it to go up and down with the software  but not horizontally.  I have seen a video regarding manually adjusting the potentiometer inside the controller but that does not seem to work.
2014-10-15
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Frank, have you tried to use the RC assistant software to calibrate the remote controller?
2014-10-16
Use props
franksoda
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-16 16:23
Hi Frank, have you tried to use the RC assistant software to calibrate the remote controller?

yes, and when the phantom is connected the vertical movement works but not horizontal.  However, it only works when connected via usb cable.
2014-10-16
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

franksoda@outlo Posted at 2014-10-16 23:05
yes, and when the phantom is connected the vertical movement works but not horizontal.  However, i ...

You may only abel to control the pitch movement (vertical)of the H3-3D gimbal though.
2014-10-16
Use props
franksoda
lvl.1
United States

DJI-DingC Posted at 2014-10-16 23:23
You may only abel to control the pitch movement (vertical)of the H3-3D gimbal though.

Yes, but I need to control it through the controller when the phantom is not connected to the computer assistant software.  It is the controller lever that seems to have no affect on the movement of the gimble.
2014-10-16
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Let's start from the top and work our way down. When you're in the Assistant Software, if you move the lever, do you see the software recognizing movement? Like You should see visual changes in the software (like when you change the switches on the controller.

If yes, then we need to troubleshoot the gimbal itself. If nothing, then it could be the lever having issues. Is the lever tight or is it really loose (wobbly)?
Tighten down the lever at the bottom of the remote control with a screw driver to make sure it is making contact. If it feels like it's making contact, disconnect the lever form the bottom of the remote control with a screw driver and move the metal turn knob manually. If this solves the issue, you need to replace the lever as it's malfunctioned or worn out.

Hopefully it's not a missing IMU
2014-10-16
Use props
franksoda
lvl.1
United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-17 08:53
Let's start from the top and work our way down. When you're in the Assistant Software, if you move t ...

When you're in the Assistant Software, if you move the lever, do you see the software recognizing movement?
Answer - NO.  Moving the lever has no affect on the movement of the gimble OR movement of the Vertial Limit in the software.

However, when I manually move the software pointer in the Vertical Limit with my mouse, the software responds AND the gimble moves up and down.  
The lever (and corresponding potentiometer under it) have not affect on either the software or gimble.
2014-10-17
Use props
franksoda
lvl.1
United States

I just again calibrated the x1 and it seems to be responding somewhat.  How long should it take to fully initialize?  And is it necessary to install Zenmuse H3-3D Assistant Software v1.1?
2014-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules