How to fold a landing pad?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sagecelt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15961 ft
United Kingdom

I bought a foldable 80cm heli landing pad which came in a convenient circular carrying bag - great!    The only problem is I can't work out how to re-fold it to get it back in the bag .   Can anyone help please?
2017-8-9
Use props
Deepfreeze
lvl.4
Canada

grab two sides and twist in opposite directions. It will naturally want to fold back on itself.
2017-8-9
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15961 ft
United Kingdom

Deepfreeze Posted at 2017-8-9 03:04
grab two sides and twist in opposite directions. It will naturally want to fold back on itself.

Thanks very much.
2017-8-9
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

On each end of the pad, grab with palm facing up and the other hand grab with palm facing down and twist in a circle motion until you can grab all of the outside of the pad in a circle position and you've got it. Took me some practice but it works.
2017-8-9
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

Here . . check out this video . . Youtube has more as well . .  
2017-8-9
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah - i've used it a TON and it really tracks the "H" nicely for precise landing! (most of the time) - but i also sometimes have to refold it a few times to get it right.
2017-8-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

This does not answer your question but others have - so just to say that i dont use mine anymore partly because it is a pain in the butt and partly because since i stopped using it some months ago i have not yet had an issue for suitable take off or landing zones.
I am sure it is probably better to have/use the helipad - but i dont
2017-8-9
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Is this the type of landing pad your referring to ? http://amzn.to/2vPp6Js ... If so, then you grab both sides opposite and quickly twist, it will fold up 4 X Smaller than originally
2017-8-9
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I made my own landing pad out of coreflute (often used in real estate signs) from local hardware shop, plus some spray paint and yellow tape to mark landing area in centre. Light weight, works a treat, and saves dusty landings in outback Australia. The precision landing works a treat other than in low light.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules