1579 11 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wbfoto
New
Flight distance : 11588 ft

Australia

hi
i have some questions regarding my p2v please excuse my ignorance in these matters im only new to this.. firstly my p2v had a camera issue so has been ditched in vavour of a gimbal and go pro my question is can the cabling controling the standard camera be used for any other purpose eg gimbal controler or even to just power somthing else like fpv or a pan tilt function?? if not where dose the power for the new gimbal come from or do i have to add a extra battry just for it??
secondly i would like to add qn fpv system i beleave because the rc runs on 5.8g that i have to run my fpv on a differant freq to avoid flyaways is this correct?? also how do i add a pan tilt function to my fpv camera (not the go pro) and how/where is the control for it on the controler??

3..can the electrics from a p2v be used with the addition of two extra motors to make a hexacopter or is this unrealistic?? i am thinking bigger platform more/bigger batterys increased time in the air for the gopro

and last of all can i upgrade the rc antenna on the phantom?? i see heaps of fpv antennas but no mention of an rc upgrade.

a big thank you in advance to the people who take the time to respond to this post any advice will be greatly aprecciated.

2015-3-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As no "experts" have turned up to help you, here is my take on the questions...
1. The Phantom Vision is designed to work with the Vision camera only, it and the Vision + were made without the need to replace or upgrade anything and sold as a fully integrated package. That's not to say you cant chop and change things, but it will require some research and messing about.
2. If you are throwing away the standard FPV set up on the Vision, then yes you will need to add a 2.4ghz FPV set up with a monitor as the Vision app will not work without the Vision camera.
3. The Phantom 2 NAZA unit does have 6 connections for motors, so in theory you could use it on another platform.

This is assuming when you say you have a p2v you mean a Phantom 2 Vision ?
2015-3-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

There is a company abroad that has a retrofit kit for the P2V+ with a quick release plate for using either the Phantom Camera or the Zenmuse Gimbal, completely interchangeable..
http://droneexpert.nl
I think drone amps.com also has this or similar.
As for the Hexacopter, not sure, Johnwarr was astute enough to know there are two more connectors..that said, there is a guy who managed to add 4 more motors to his Phantom on the underside,
I can't find the link but if Gerry1123 is watching he knows and I am sure he will post.
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Phantom 2 with 8 props
158_u7sBYymPaL6trUpIyFJ9A3vGD73BXVu3.png
2015-3-27
Use props
wbfoto
New

Australia

thank you all...is there anyone in australia out there who can recommend a company within OZ to purchase a 2.4g fpv system from?
2015-3-27
Use props
wbfoto
New

Australia

also is there anyone out there who can help with any of my other questions????
2015-3-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

wbfoto@hotmail. Posted at 2015-3-29 07:19
also is there anyone out there who can help with any of my other questions????

Shoot droneflyers.com an email
2015-3-28
Use props
wbfoto
New

Australia

thank you ill give them a try
2015-3-30
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Gerry, i'm new and i have a dumb question. what's the plus side for the 8 props? faster higher?
cuz i don't see the need of going faster or higher that what it was born with
2015-3-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

wazzupbeckham@y Posted at 2015-3-31 17:58
Gerry, i'm new and i have a dumb question. what's the plus side for the 8 props? faster higher?
cu ...

Reliability, if you lose 1 motor with only 4 motors, you ARE going to lose control, if you lose 1 motor out of 8 motors, you can still maintain control and land.
You can install more equipment onboard because with 8 props spinning 12 inch props, it has more lifting capability.
2015-3-31
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-31 18:46
Reliability, if you lose 1 motor with only 4 motors, you ARE going to lose control, if you lose 1  ...

wow.... i've learned something again. thanks!
2015-3-31
Use props
wbfoto
New

Australia

ii have yet another question i would like to add one of those pan tilt type of fpv cameras like found at hobbyking website i am assuming i have to add some sort of lever,wheel,button arangment to myremote can anyone tell me how this is done or point me in the right direction also it has to hook up somewhere inside my phantom but where !?? any info or links to websites or past forum posts would be greatly appreciated
i
2015-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules