Air encoder error (0x20)
8544 12 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gustave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138 ft
France

It's been a subject before but I do start a new thread about this error.

I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro with a GL300F remote controller. I only flew it once (for experiencing if it worked). I have been flying DJI drones since the Phantom 2.

After the flight I did the suggested firmware upgrade and did not fly until now, on holiday.

I noticed that the DJI Go 4 app showed an error in the AC: Air encoder error (0x20) and a "No image transmission signal" in the red bar.

I sorted out the possible SD Card issue but I do not think that is a problem.

I tried to "Factory reset" the bird in the DJI Assistant 2 application on  my Windows 10 Pro PC but that does not work. I also tried to reinstall the firmware from the same app but I do not now if that succeeded or not. The progress bar stopped at 15% and after an hour I disconnected and restarted the AC to find that the fw was still there.

App                      version 4.1.5
Aircraft                 version 01.04.0602
Remote Controller  version 01.04.01.00
Flight database      version 01.00.01.04
App database        version 01.00.01.04

What can I do about this? Is it a software/firmware issue or is it hardware? (It worked before the fw upgrade).

When the AC is connected to the DJI Assistant 2 on my PC, the connection is intermittently disconnected and connected (every 20 or 30 seconds). Does that indicate a hardware issue?

The Aircraft Status LED (in between the micro USB port and the SD Card slot) flickers from green to red to orange.

Thanks for helping out.
2017-8-10
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Try and download the Firmware for the AC manually on the SD card and see if that works.
2017-8-10
Use props
Gustave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138 ft
France

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-8-10 06:50
Try and download the Firmware for the AC manually on the SD card and see if that works.

Thanks for replying.

Where can I download the P4P firmware? It's not on the DJI site. Anyway not in a straightforward way.
2017-8-11
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Gustave Posted at 2017-8-11 03:47
Thanks for replying.

Where can I download the P4P firmware? It's not on the DJI site. Anyway not in a straightforward way.

I think when you go to the DJI Assistant on your computer you have the option to download locally and use the SD to load it.

UPDATE:

I dont think you can redo your firmware, I was thinking about the RC.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to refresh the aircraft firmware via DJI Assistant 2 for several times.

If still no helps, please contact our support team via support.eu@dji.com to send it in for diagnosis.

2017-8-12
Use props
peter-a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2228 ft
Italy

I have exactly the same set of problems.  Did you get a resolution?
2017-10-26
Use props
peter-a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2228 ft
Italy

Firmware refresh didn't help.  I notice that the green-orange-red now persists for many minutes.  Then finally becomes green and video transmission works again.  Spoke with German DJI tech who said it could be hardware but so far I've tried to see if I could resolve it myself.  Any other suggestions welcome,.
2017-10-26
Use props
VWStevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25630 ft
United Kingdom

Did you ever resolve this as I have exactly the same problem
2018-5-12
Use props
Fabio Cavalcant
New
Flight distance : 7379 ft
Brazil

I have the same problem. My Drone is a Pro Ghost 4. He calls and takes so long to appear in the picture. All a black screen with a message. AIR ENCODER ERROR (0x20). If the problem persists contact DJI support.
After 3 minutes the image appears and the error disappears. I'm in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro and it seems that there is no support from DJI here. I'm disappointed.
2018-6-3
Use props
djiuser_h4sHT2BoILYV
New

I have a problems in dji phantom 4 pro
2018-8-16
Use props
djiuser_h4sHT2BoILYV
New

My drone was crashed while flying due to low battery in to the water I found after 3 hours after that I cleaned and dried it is getting on but showing error. 1.camera sensor error, 2.aircraft error (0*20),3.esc status error please help me anyone
Screenshot_20180816-192641.jpg
Screenshot_20180816-192646.jpg
2018-8-16
Use props
polloman
New
Chile

error 0x20   ( controladora de vuelo ).

2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_6Ytu6oxDYRCf
New

Russia

good evening, did you somehow solve this problem, since I had exactly the same one, can you please help me with it?
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules