Grey Map with v3.1.14
1425 13 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
Forgive me if this has been answered in another thread. I downloaded and installed the latest GO app (3.1.14).

After doing so it was extremely glitchy. It seem to be more stable now BUT the map function has gone away.

All I see now is a GREY box with no information. No Home Point, No direction of the bird, No path of travel... etc.

Also.. I have updated RC, Phantom and Batteries to the latest firmware.

I call DJI tech support. They guy said this was the first he had heard of it.

Am I alone with this issue? If there's a thread to explain what to do, can you please point me in the correct direction?

Thank you

DC
2017-8-11
Use props
djiflyer
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I also have this issue.  I hope DJI fixes this problem along with the many others the latest firmware update introduced.
2017-8-11
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Update..
I have deleted and reinstalled the app a few times.
This was suggested in here on a few other threads.
Issue still exists.
Thanks again for any help..
D
2017-8-11
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Scary as they technically are not supporting the P3s anymore. Yet they push a firmware and app update. ???
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which type of mobile do you use? How about the built-in mobile map? Please kindly offer the mobile type and OS version. We will look into it.
2017-8-12
Use props
fans640763c0
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-12 00:37
May I know which type of mobile do you use? How about the built-in mobile map? Please kindly offer the mobile type and OS version. We will look into it.

I cannot get the maps to work on my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. It is connected to a mini IPad running the latest Apple Software. I tried rebooting all devices. This did not solve the problem. I DELETED DJI GO APP from my iPad and reinstalled it . This solved the problem . ONCE! On my second flight the problem has returned. I have tried rebooting repeatedly to no avail. Cellular data is "on" . Map is still grey screen. The grey color varies slightly when I switch to "satellite " but the map still does not appear. The map program and navigation that comes with my iPad and software works normally for both satellite and roadmap
Please help.
Thank you, ,
Doc Jim
2017-8-13
Use props
fans640763c0
New
United States

I cannot get the maps to work on my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. It is connected to a mini IPad running the latest Apple Software. I tried rebooting all devices. This did not solve the problem. I DELETED DJI GO APP from my iPad and reinstalled it . This solved the problem . ONCE! On my second flight the problem has returned. I have tried rebooting repeatedly to no avail. Cellular data is "on" . Map is still grey screen. The grey color varies slightly when I switch to "satellite " but the map still does not appear. The map program and navigation that comes with my iPad and software works normally for both satellite and roadmap
Please help.
Thank you, ,
Doc Jim
2017-8-13
Use props
fans842ce4a4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2246453 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I can't get them on my P4Pro+ either. I tried in on map management system but that didn't work either. No option to select my home country.
2017-8-13
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Hello Susan,
I am running IOS 10.2.3 on both my iPhone and iPad mini. Both devices have the same error. (grey map)
It seems there are a lot of issues with the latest v3.1.14 of the DJIGo. Is there a fix being pushed soon? I am grounded until these issues are resolved.
2017-8-14
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

aEROREEL Posted at 2017-8-14 09:14
Hello Susan,
I am running IOS 10.2.3 on both my iPhone and iPad mini. Both devices have the same error. (grey map)
It seems there are a lot of issues with the latest v3.1.14 of the DJIGo. Is there a fix being pushed soon? I am grounded until these issues are resolved.

Sorry ... I am running IOS version 10.3.3 and running v3.1.14 of DJIGo.
2017-8-14
Use props
BigDave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238730 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue, greyed out map.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans640763c0 Posted at 2017-8-13 05:53
Please help.
Thank you, ,

I would recommend you to lock the compass of the map, then exit the live video interface and enter it again.

@aEROREEL@BigDave@quadpilot Please refer the above and try again.
2017-8-16
Use props
fansb8dfbb92
New
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-16 05:26
susan what do you mean lock the compass on the map sorry to sound silly here but how do we lock it please
thanks

She means in the corner of your map  there is a colored pointer. Tap once and it will spin when you rotate your remote. Tap again and it will lock screen and will not rotate when you rotate remote. Also DJI IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. This problem has been reported sense the early July update was released.
2017-8-16
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-16 01:43
I would recommend you to lock the compass of the map, then exit the live video interface and enter it again.

@aEROREEL@BigDave@quadpilot Please refer the above and try again.

Susan.
When is DJI going to push an updated version of the GO app?
Simple question... WHEN??
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules