919 6 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyshooter44
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272828 ft
United States

Hoping someone here can help.
After sending in my original mavic for repair, i recieved a new model (diff serial number). The new model seems to have a faulty right rear motor that does not provide adequete thrust. Upon takeoff, the mavic will lean towards the prop and spin out of control before even making it one foot off the ground. The spin begins immediately after auto take off is innitiated.
I have recalibrated everything multiple times - I have downgraded - upgraded - reset to factory default.

Has anyone encountered this before? Bad motor perhaps? Hoping there is a simple fix...?

Now - here comes my dissatisfied customer rant. I may be missing something, but after a multi week repair process. How can this company send back a different drone with a whole new problem? I mean seriously - There is a whole step of their "repair" process that involves testing and quality assurance. I was thrilled that my original repair was handeled cost free - BUT, I've pretty much lost all confidence in this company. To send a user a replacement drone that spins so out of control is absolute neglagence. Not to mention that I bruised multiple fingers on both of my hands (they are now numb as I type) in order to stop the drone from both crashing and spinning into my friends leg. Anyone else felt these props hit your person... its not pleasant...  

Again, hoping for an easy fix because I do love the mavic and have done some amazing things with it - but DJI, seriously...

2017-8-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club dude...lol You are NOT the first one and you will NOT be the last one as long as quality assurance is -0! Keep after them and contact one of the DJI admin to push your ticket!
2017-8-11
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Can we see your logs? The instructions are right here. Please upload them to Dropbox and we can take a look see.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to hear the accident and the trouble that has been caused, please take care of your fingers firstly.
Would you please provide us the previous case number? Local repair team will usually replace the drone if it is unrepaired.
I would suggest to sync the flight records and send in the drone again for data analysis and evaluation, local team would find out if the drone has malfunction.
2017-8-11
Use props
Skyshooter44
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272828 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 19:10
We are sorry to hear the accident and the trouble that has been caused, please take care of your fingers firstly.
Would you please provide us the previous case number? Local repair team will usually replace the drone if it is unrepaired.
I would suggest to sync the flight records and send in the drone again for data analysis and evaluation, local team would find out if the drone has malfunction.

Hi Mindy,

My previous case number was: CAS-811890-P6P2X2       

The drone I just received is a different drone than the one I sent in for repair so i'm guessing they could not fix my original unit. I'm just frustrated that i cant even take off with this replacement and now I have to go through the whole process again.

Thanks for your assistance.
2017-8-12
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

That's shocking!
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Skyshooter44 Posted at 2017-8-12 04:38
Hi Mindy,

My previous case number was: CAS-811890-P6P2X2       

Sorry to read on it, I sympathize with your situation, please take care of your fingers. Just checked your previous case, the previous drone was replaced under warranty. As for the current drone, have you contacted the Support to start a new case? Please provide us your current case number, we'll forward it to the local repair center to take care of it, and will escalate it. sorry for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules