what will be a better way to fly with gopro 4
1752 4 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RP2681
New

Netherlands

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum. I have a Facebook page that i follow but further more other ways to get in contact with fellow phantom flyers.
I have a question about my setup.

I have the DJI phantom 2. underneath the gimbel H2-3D where i used to have the gopro 3 mounted. Did a update so i can fly with FPV.
Now i have the new gopro 4, and just as the gopro3 i hate the jello effect. I love the serene smooth picture that i see on YouTube.

First i tried the sun shield, a little cap over the lens to block some light. No effect. Now i have the ND4 filter on, but its so heavy that it take quite some extra weight on one side to get it balanced. So i thought what will be the difference if i will fly without the gopro battery.

so option 1 is
gopro with battery and ND4 filter and then the extra weight on the other side to compensate for the more heavy battery and filter.

option 2
gopro without battery and with ND4 filter. and less counter weight to compensate the filter.

Does flying without battery drain the battery extra quickly? Below i have 2 screenshot from the DJI assistant.

With the battery the drain from the DJI is higher because it will always charge the gorpo

battery drain without gopro battery, also the weight will be less

what do you guys think
2015-3-27
Use props
atcosby
lvl.1

United States

That is a very good question, I will be interested to see some answers from this.  I am getting ready to purchase the Go Pro 4 Silver which I know works on my H3 3D Zenmuse Gimbal since my friend as the Hero 4.  I currently fly with the Hero 3 Black but I am wanting to upgrade so I can have more than one camera.  I would like to add a polarization filter lens and im curious if that will be too much weight for the gimbal to handle once the lens are added.  I wonder if you fly without the Go Pro battery how much flight time that would cut?
2015-3-27
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

What if anything are you doing to fly without the battery? I have a Hero3 Black / H3-3D on a P2V+ v3 with a QuickRelease system. The camera is connected via the USB connector. If I remove the battery the GoPro will not power via the USB. It does this even without it being on the Phantom. If I plug it into a USB port the red charging light comes on but I can't power the camera up
2015-3-27
Use props
RP2681
New

Netherlands

I dont have that. i can turn it on and record without the battery
2015-3-28
Use props
pawel2m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Yes the jello efect is really frustrating. Try changing the dampers to black soft ones. White dampers are mostly jello generators.
You can fly w/o battery in Gp but remember to stop recording first, then turn off the drone, otherwise video will be corrupted.

Here is my video on black dampers and Nd4 filter with h4-3d and GP4 Black.

2015-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules