Forced Landing and fly away
1476 9 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

The drone started landing with out me telling it to at 40% battery, my battery warning is set to 15% DJI GO 4 only said LANDING and I was unable to cancel. at this point i was still conencted and was able to control it. seconds later the drone started flying away and at this point i was unable to control it any longer. Luckily i was flying low and the drone flew into a tree and i lost a propeller, if not this would of been my second spark lost due to issues with the spark.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/YJ8BVCHWTU20U11NFRPF/

crash

crash

propeller

propeller
2017-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems your spark went into forced landing at 2.43 you can see on your log VPS altitude at 1ft were you flying over trees but close to them, because VPS shouldn't kick in unless something is close to underneath of the spark, if you were close to top of trees but Spark thought it was close to the ground just went into forced landing.

How ever it's something that shouldn't happen it is probably something you need dji to check out they can see a lot more from your dat file, so I would first sync your flight and try to contact a moderator to see if they can get engineer to look at your dat file.
2017-8-13
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-13 15:52
It seems your spark went into forced landing at 2.43 you can see on your log VPS altitude at 1ft were you flying over trees but close to them, because VPS shouldn't kick in unless something is close to underneath of the spark, if you were close to top of trees but Spark thought it was close to the ground just went into forced landing.

How ever it's something that shouldn't happen it is probably something you need dji to check out they can see a lot more from your dat file, so I would first sync your flight and try to contact a moderator to see if they can get engineer to look at your dat file.

I was flying below  the trees at this point never went higher than the trees today, I guess something was telling me not to.
2017-8-13
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

why does it say  ActiveTrack, you flying with phone?
2017-8-13
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
United States

TMUSVI Posted at 2017-8-13 16:09
why does it say  ActiveTrack, you flying with phone?

This was being flown with the RC. At some point I was trying to do active track.
2017-8-13
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI go is sometimes stuck with refreshing battery level. It is shouwint 40% and you have 15%.
We need to look at the copter - all red lights means low battery.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, have you checked the drone, is it damaged? Please refer to the video below to export the data, then upload them to the Dropbox, post a link here. I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis.
2017-8-13
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-13 18:10
Sorry to hear about the crash, have you checked the drone, is it damaged? Please refer to the video below to export the data, then upload them to the Dropbox, post a link here. I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. DJI Quick Tips - Spark - Exporting the Flight Data

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nhzku ... dK6bCpczaDFTza?dl=0

CAS-892583-X2J9L6
2017-8-14
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Good to know about flying over trees.  The other day I was flying INSIDE of some trees, between the branches.. Would not want spark to try to land because it thought a branch was the ground.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Frangu Posted at 2017-8-14 07:14
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nhzku ... dK6bCpczaDFTza?dl=0

Thank you for the info. I've added the data to this case, we'll  take care of the drone and submit a data analysis after it arrives.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules