1516 14 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garreth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi newbie here. I have a mavic pro and have been using the controller along with my samsung S7 edge fine. Today however I get a message saying unsupported display using the app, any ideas?
2017-8-19
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

check your screen resolution on my s8 i had to change it to hd not sure what resolution the s7 has but should be under display in settings
2017-8-19
Use props
Garreth
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately changing the screen resolution doesn't fix the problem...im still getting the same message
2017-8-19
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... there are many posts about problems with App on Android devices... many tips to fix it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Please search forum for other topics about this subject.
2017-8-19
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is there a chance you have screen rotation turned off. The DJI GO 4 app will only work in landscape.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Remove the APP,  go to the DJI official website, then go to the download page of Mavic, scan the QR code to download the APP.
2017-8-19
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 22:55
Remove the APP,  go to the DJI official website, then go to the download page of Mavic, scan the QR code to download the APP.

Dear DJI Diana,

Your reply makes me nervous.
I usually get my apps from Google Play Store, including the DJI GO 4 app.
Your advice makes me believe now that there are two different DJI GO 4 apps, one in Google Play Store and one on the official website of DJI.
Which is the correct one?

Could you please clarify?
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-20 00:21
Dear DJI Diana,

For the Android devices, the resolution of tablets and phones are different, the user will get this error if a phone user downloaded the APP which is suitable for the resolution of a tablet, or a tablet user downloaded the APP which is suitable for a phone. No worries, they are the same in other aspects. Scan the QR code to download the APP can avoid the user to download an incorrect APP.
2017-8-20
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 00:35
For the Android devices, the resolution of tablets and phones are different, the user will get this error if a phone user downloaded the APP which is suitable for the resolution of a tablet, or a tablet user downloaded the APP which is suitable for a phone. No worries, they are the same in other aspects. Scan the QR code to download the APP can avoid the user to download an incorrect APP.

Thank you.
So for Android there are different versions of the DJI GO 4 app regarding their screen's resolution.
I have downloaded the DJI GO 4 app from Google Play Store for my Samsung Galaxy S8, but I have had no issues with regard to my phone's resolution.
My phone has three resolutions, HD+, FHD+ and WQHD+ and all three work equally well with the DJI GO 4 app.  
2017-8-20
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-20 00:21
Dear DJI Diana,

Pick up a iPhone 7plus
2017-8-20
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

No thanks, I'll gladly keep my Samsung Galaxy S8.
2017-8-20
Use props
Garreth
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 22:55

This didnt work. I got it sorted in the end by deleting the app again then deleting all the files that were left behind on my phone after deleting the app. I then reinstalled the app from the play store and updating all firmware again. Seems to be working fine now. Time will tell. Thankyou for your advise though.
2017-8-20
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-20 03:19
No thanks, I'll gladly keep my Samsung Galaxy S8.

LOL......but....I have had no crashes .......I do believe I will go ahead and pick up a crystal-clear from DJI....the bad....460.00
2017-8-20
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-8-20 07:28
LOL......but....I have had no crashes .......I do believe I will go ahead and pick up a crystal-clear from DJI....the bad....460.00

If you had no crashes, you are obviously using this good old stable and reliable workhorse:
Samsung Galaxy S8

Highly recommended, as other users of the S8/S8+ on this forum can easily confirm.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Garreth Posted at 2017-8-20 03:31
This didnt work. I got it sorted in the end by deleting the app again then deleting all the files that were left behind on my phone after deleting the app. I then reinstalled the app from the play store and updating all firmware again. Seems to be working fine now. Time will tell. Thankyou for your advise though.

So glad to hear that you've got it resolved, hope it works well for you.
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules