Newbie and Had My First Crash
1302 7 2015-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helix2000
lvl.1
United States

I have only flown a few times as weather has not been very cooperative.  Have a vision 2 and have been flying near a local school that has lots of space.  Guess I got too comfortable with my skills and tried to fly around the roof of my house to check status of roof after a very bad winter.  Other than not turning the camera on all was going well.  Thinking the camera was on I was trying to get close to the edge of the house and I thought I was high enough but alas I was not and crashed the drone into the house.  I was lucky in so far as after replacing the props and having to reconnect camera all seems to be working.  I will definitely be paying more attention on what I am doing.  

One issue I am having is seeing the what the camera is seeing n my Galaxy S4 cell phone.  The brightness is just not there and I end up having to go into my truck cab to get an idea of altitude etc.  I even got this attachment that helps shield the sun glare but I still do not see the app on the cell very well.  Any ideas?   I must say I am having a blast flying the Vision and am so looking forward to the snow melting away.  
2015-3-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Glad to hear you survived the crash, my Phantom has seen my house close up once as well!
Get a sunshade, they are readily available and will help greatly
Check out ebay or Phantomhelp.com, great links.
Also look at what your video resolution is set to and play with those
Happy flying, oh, better the Phantom crash than you falling off a ladder, the investment just paid for itself!
2015-3-29
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bad luck helix2000 but don't look at this as your first crash look upon as your only crash. Getting close to buildings and trees is very difficult looking only through the camera view and the best way is directly with the eye really as you were trying to do.
Anyway a valuable lesson learned for going forward.
2015-3-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Glad props was all you lost.  I don't know what you are using for the attachment, but 'hoods' do a much better job than 'shades'.  If you have a hood, is it the right size for your device or does it just 'fit' your device?  I use a hood on my iPhone and was out today in full sunlight and had no problem seeing the screen.  Perhaps your attachment just needs to be a different depth?
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Just remember when you're flying and looking thru the camera, with the fisheye lens, objects are closer than they appear in the camera.
2015-3-29
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is why whenever anyone asks about my phantom I say go get a hubsan x4 for 50 bucks or less. Fly the piss out of it inside your apartment. Get real good. Then buy a phantom and see how high the buildings and trees are in your flying area. Then fly 20 metres or more above that.
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-30 07:25
This is why whenever anyone asks about my phantom I say go get a hubsan x4 for 50 bucks or less. Fly ...

Just watch the GPS sats because the buildings will block half of the sky if you are to close to them.
2015-3-29
Use props
helix2000
lvl.1
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-30 03:10
Glad to hear you survived the crash, my Phantom has seen my house close up once as well!
Get a sunsh ...

I was using this sun shade I got off Amazon but it really does not help much at all.  Very frustrating.
2015-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules