FAA 107.29-Daylight Operations
885 2 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkeihn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621309 ft
United States

Can anyone fill me in on applying for a night time waiver?  I applied for one and got denied, I spent a long time reseraching and answering all the Risk Mitigation Questions.  I thought I went overboard with too much detail.  In my denial email, it basically said I didn't answer one or more of the Mitigiating Risk Factors.  I then requested they elaborate on why it was denied, what I missed, and if I could answer any questions they may have.  I then got another form type email saying the exact same thing the first email did.  It was almost as if they didn't even read my request, if they had, they would have noticed I numbered each of the Risk Mitigation Guidelines and methods of mitigating those risks.

Are they not working with people in the Waiver process?  I plan on resubmitting the request, but I'm not sure what I did wrong on the first try, so I dont have high hopes.

Any suggestions or information is much appreciated.  

Thanks,
Ryan
2017-8-22
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Is your location near a cautionary ,(yellow) or a restricted (red) zone?I have a prison near my home that is an absolute "no can do" zone that restricts flights now that its becomeing more common for people to drop things over the prison walls.  It sucks that a few bad apples with drones have to ruin it for the rest of us.
2017-8-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

You might be interested in this...  https://jrupprechtlaw.com/107-29-fly-drone-night-waiver-cow
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules