Dji Go Update.
2983 36 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
United States

Does anyone know how to go back to the previous version of the DJI Go app? Several times before I thought that I had a problem with my p3s but the people on here told me everything was fine and it was. Last week my phone had a update for the DJI Go app and I installed it. I started having problems with the app disconnecting and my range was maxing out around 1200' and before that update I was able to get  out to 1600' with the distance limit turned off. I purchased the ARGtek antenna booster and I'm able to get out to 2200'. I'll see where people are getting out to 5 and 6000' without any problem. It looks like most of going actually a lot farther. I would like to try it without the latest DJI go update but I can't figure out how to just uninstall the update. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Kevin
2017-8-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

There has been a lot of conversation of this subject. Look on this forum. You didn't mention what device you are using. If IOS, you may have older versions backed up on your I-tunes on your PC. If android you need to have the .apk file....just un-install and re-install the version you want. Quite a few places on the net where you could find the older versions of android DGI-GO app.
2017-8-22
Use props
sendit223
New
United States

Interested to see responses. I saw the new update and tried to add it. Complete fail. I tried to grab the old 1.7.9 firmware as advised in another post. No go. First I got the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP and I left it alone. 8 minutes in it changed to D--DD, D--DD, and it's been doing that for the past 2 hours. I'm going to turn it off again because this clearly isn't working.
2017-8-22
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-22 10:50
There has been a lot of conversation of this subject. Look on this forum. You didn't mention what device you are using. If IOS, you may have older versions backed up on your I-tunes on your PC. If android you need to have the .apk file....just un-install and re-install the version you want. Quite a few places on the net where you could find the older versions of android DGI-GO app.

I'm using the Android version. I don't know anything about the apk file? I thought if I uninstalled the DJI Go app that I would reinstall the same one since it has already updated? I'm not sure what version I had before the update. I got the p3s in June and upgrading the firmware and install the DJI Go app and it did fine. How would I know which version of the app I had previously? The app I'm using now is 3.1.10. Thanks
2017-8-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Lots of folks complaining.  Just look thru the threads and see what matches your problem.
2017-8-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-22 12:12
I'm using the Android version. I don't know anything about the apk file? I thought if I uninstalled the DJI Go app that I would reinstall the same one since it has already updated? I'm not sure what version I had before the update. I got the p3s in June and upgrading the firmware and install the DJI Go app and it did fine. How would I know which version of the app I had previously? The app I'm using now is 3.1.10. Thanks

Ok, if you uninstall your app, and just re0install it you will have the same version, which I assume is 3.1.10. That I believe is the latest. The .APK file is the file the file extension your android needs to install a program. If you are looking for an older version of the DJI app, and don't know if you have it, you can download earlier versions from a variety of places. WWW.APKPure. com is a good source for android. Grab one of the older ones, they have 3.1.0 clear thru 3.1.10. They have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 available. Maybe try just a couple of releases before the last one. I think the last one is the one everyone is having issues with. You have no way of knowing what you were using before unless you looked to see what it was. I personally have a 3PA, and am using 3.10.2 I believe, and I am not going to change it. I see no benefits to do so. Hope this helps.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansb63f8904
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334754 ft
Philippines

Dji go app v3.1.15 is now available in apps store.
2017-8-23
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

fansb63f8904 Posted at 2017-8-23 06:09

I might try that and see if it's better than the 3.1.10. since Ricardo said that older versions are still available.
2017-8-23
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your input Ricardo!  Yesterday I went to a different area to see if that might help but I got the same results. As soon as the drone hit 1600ft, I started to get a video lag and I moved the paddles some and made it to 2000ft and I started getting the warning flashing red that it was losing the controller signal. I hit the return home and it said that failed. Then the app crashed. Got the app back going and it was still flashing between red and green saying the same thing. Tried the return home again and it worked but the video lag was there until it got within 1500ft or so. Is there anyway possible to hook the ARGtek up wrong? I would think that if you could, you would not be able to get out that far. I watched plenty of videos before I hooked it up. The wires were a little different but they seem to be hooked up tight and right.
2017-8-23
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

I don't see that Fans. I'm using the Android version?
2017-8-23
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RE: Dji Go Update.

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-23 04:26
Ok, if you uninstall your app, and just re0install it you will have the same version, which I assume is 3.1.10. That I believe is the latest. The .APK file is the file the file extension your android needs to install a program. If you are looking for an older version of the DJI app, and don't know if you have it, you can download earlier versions from a variety of places. WWW.APKPure. com is a good source for android. Grab one of the older ones, they have 3.1.0 clear thru 3.1.10. They have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 available. Maybe try just a couple of releases before the last one. I think the last one is the one everyone is having issues with. You have no way of knowing what you were using before unless you looked to see what it was. I personally have a 3PA, and am using 3.10.2 I believe, and I am not going to change it. I see no benefits to do so. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input Ricardo!  Yesterday I went to a different area to see if that might help but I got the same results. As soon as the drone hit 1600ft, I started to get a video lag and I moved the paddles some and made it to 2000ft and I started getting the warning flashing red that it was losing the controller signal. I hit the return home and it said that failed. Then the app crashed. Got the app back going and it was still flashing between red and green saying the same thing. Tried the return home again and it worked but the video lag was there until it got within 1500ft or so. Is there anyway possible to hook the ARGtek up wrong? I would think that if you could, you would not be able to get out that far. I watched plenty of videos before I hooked it up. The wires were a little different but they seem to be hooked up tight and right.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansb63f8904
lvl.2
Philippines

KEM Posted at 2017-8-23 15:38
I don't see that Fans. I'm using the Android version?

Oh.. its for ios...
2017-8-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-23 15:41

I don't think you can hook up the Argtek wrong, but I have never put that setup on a Standard, only the Advanced and the Pro. It sounds like there may be some strong interference around you. I understand you tried a different area, but also keep in mind the Standard uses Wifi, and you won't get the kind of range as the Advanced or Pro with the Lightbridge. But agreed, you should see more than the 1500' you are experiencing. Not sure where you are located, but do you have a lake or river close that you could send it out over? That may sound strange, but those places are the best for signal and free from any interference. If you have rolled back the app to one of the earlier versions, that surely isn't your problem. With the Argtek I would think you be a good as you can get. I don't have much else to offer. Sorry. Just a quick note, and I'm sure you are aware if you watched the videos, but the Argtek panels need to be at 90-degrees facing your phantom, not laying flat or pointing to the aircraft. Just thought it was worth saying. Good lick my friend.
2017-8-24
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-24 04:39
I don't think you can hook up the Argtek wrong, but I have never put that setup on a Standard, only the Advanced and the Pro. It sounds like there may be some strong interference around you. I understand you tried a different area, but also keep in mind the Standard uses Wifi, and you won't get the kind of range as the Advanced or Pro with the Lightbridge. But agreed, you should see more than the 1500' you are experiencing. Not sure where you are located, but do you have a lake or river close that you could send it out over? That may sound strange, but those places are the best for signal and free from any interference. If you have rolled back the app to one of the earlier versions, that surely isn't your problem. With the Argtek I would think you be a good as you can get. I don't have much else to offer. Sorry. Just a quick note, and I'm sure you are aware if you watched the videos, but the Argtek panels need to be at 90-degrees facing your phantom, not laying flat or pointing to the aircraft. Just thought it was worth saying. Good lick my friend.

I do have several Lakes and a river close by. I'm within 5 miles of both. I planned on flying around the lake but I thought the ARGtek would give me much more range to do that with. Now I'm kinda scared to give it a try.. I have one of those copper signal booster that slides down over the stock antenna. The ARGtek can do no better than that... Last night I was able to download the 3.1.8 version from the site you posted. I'm going to try that a little later when the sun goes down a bit.  I see a lot of people with the same issue. I'll know in a while if it was the latest update that caused the short distance and post it back here..Thanks again....
Kevin
2017-8-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-24 11:51
I do have several Lakes and a river close by. I'm within 5 miles of both. I planned on flying around the lake but I thought the ARGtek would give me much more range to do that with. Now I'm kinda scared to give it a try.. I have one of those copper signal booster that slides down over the stock antenna. The ARGtek can do no better than that... Last night I was able to download the 3.1.8 version from the site you posted. I'm going to try that a little later when the sun goes down a bit.  I see a lot of people with the same issue. I'll know in a while if it was the latest update that caused the short distance and post it back here..Thanks again....
Kevin

Hey you bet! I think the Argtek can do better than the copper slip on myself. Hopefully the downgrade will go ok for you and it fixes your problem. Don't be afraid. I know what it is like the first few times over water. Remember, if you get out there and whatever happens, lost signal, whatever, the RTH should kick in and you will be fine. Like one person told me along time ago, doesn't matter if you are over water or land, sure you might find it if over land, but if you are over 50' in the air and it comes down, you are probably not going to have any thing to repair anyway. Hopefully that never will happen.
2017-8-24
Use props
rwcreigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

United States

How can I tell what version I have? I am using IOS
2017-8-24
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-24 12:18
Hey you bet! I think the Argtek can do better than the copper slip on myself. Hopefully the downgrade will go ok for you and it fixes your problem. Don't be afraid. I know what it is like the first few times over water. Remember, if you get out there and whatever happens, lost signal, whatever, the RTH should kick in and you will be fine. Like one person told me along time ago, doesn't matter if you are over water or land, sure you might find it if over land, but if you are over 50' in the air and it comes down, you are probably not going to have any thing to repair anyway. Hopefully that never will happen.

Just got home from the lake.. Just like the other times. As soon as I hit around 1700ft, the signal loss started flashing again. I moved the paddles around and got another 200ft but that was it. Guess the new update on the 8th had nothing to do with the short distance. Maybe it's my phone? My phone is a Galaxy 7. It's not on the list of preferred phones buy DJI but Samsung told me if the S6 worked then the S7 should definitely work with it. Just don't know what to do anymore!
2017-8-24
Use props
fansb63f8904
lvl.2
Philippines

rwcreigh@comcas Posted at 2017-8-24 13:12
How can I tell what version I have? I am using IOS

Go to general settings/about...you can see the app ver., ac fw ver and the rc fw ver.
2017-8-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-24 16:42
Just got home from the lake.. Just like the other times. As soon as I hit around 1700ft, the signal loss started flashing again. I moved the paddles around and got another 200ft but that was it. Guess the new update on the 8th had nothing to do with the short distance. Maybe it's my phone? My phone is a Galaxy 7. It's not on the list of preferred phones buy DJI but Samsung told me if the S6 worked then the S7 should definitely work with it. Just don't know what to do anymore!

I can understand your frustration. What kind of altitudes are you flying at?
I have a couple friends that also use Litchi and go as far as my advanced. Not trying to sell you anything here, but don't really know how to help you. Many owners with a Standard boast better range than you are getting and some are in the same boat as you. The Litchi won't keep you from losing signal or video feed, but you can create a waypoint mission and it will complete even if it loses the signal. May interest you or not.
The wireless feed is just tough to improve on. I am sure some others may have other suggestions, but I don't know what else to offer you. Not trying to pour salt in the wound here, but that is where the Lightbridge with the Advanced and the Pro have such an advantage. The P4 even has an upgraded Lightbridge that is better yet.
Maybe the DBS mods would help some, but they are pretty pricey. I'm thinking I have heard you send in your RC and it's around $350-$400 for them to install in on your remote. Don't know of anyone that has done it, but that is a lot of cash to spend on a Standard. Just my opinion. If I run on to anything else I will let you know.
2017-8-25
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-25 03:22
I can understand your frustration. What kind of altitudes are you flying at?
I have a couple friends that also use Litchi and go as far as my advanced. Not trying to sell you anything here, but don't really know how to help you. Many owners with a Standard boast better range than you are getting and some are in the same boat as you. The Litchi won't keep you from losing signal or video feed, but you can create a waypoint mission and it will complete even if it loses the signal. May interest you or not.
The wireless feed is just tough to improve on. I am sure some others may have other suggestions, but I don't know what else to offer you. Not trying to pour salt in the wound here, but that is where the Lightbridge with the Advanced and the Pro have such an advantage. The P4 even has an upgraded Lightbridge that is better yet.

Thanks for trying to help. I do see where a lot of others are having the same problem. What gets me is that you others that love the argtek and are getting anywhere from 3k to 8k feet. Just don't know. Oh and as my height goes, I have tried it from 200ft to 900ft. Does not seem to make a difference. Did you think or have seen anything about the phone I'm using? Only thing Dji will tell me is that it has to be on the list they have...

On to something else you might could tell me.  I noticed under the Av's on the page it has Flight Distance and a number. Yours has 740877. Is that suppose to be the same as the Flight Distance it shows on the Dji Go App?  

Kevin                                    
2017-8-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-26 17:39
Thanks for trying to help. I do see where a lot of others are having the same problem. What gets me is that you others that love the argtek and are getting anywhere from 3k to 8k feet. Just don't know. Oh and as my height goes, I have tried it from 200ft to 900ft. Does not seem to make a difference. Did you think or have seen anything about the phone I'm using? Only thing Dji will tell me is that it has to be on the list they have...

On to something else you might could tell me.  I noticed under the Av's on the page it has Flight Distance and a number. Yours has 740877. Is that suppose to be the same as the Flight Distance it shows on the Dji Go App?  

The flight distance is not exactly accurate. depending on how often you sync your flights. As for me, I also use Litchi, and it uploads to the same account on Airdata as my DJI go app. So, my go app is goingto be way different than what Airdata is showing. For you, if you just use the Go app, it might not be syncing all of your flights. I would think it would be close but I wouldn't get to worried about it.

As for the device you are using. I could be wrong, and I don't have a standard, I have an Advanced which uses Lightbridge, but I could understand the device not being able to keep a signal or video with the wireless connection you are using with your standard. But my point is it is the RC sending the signal to your phantom. You can fly your phantom without the phone, just won't have video to see FPV. I think you must have something wrong with your RC possibly. Your range is very short compared to most. I do think the firmware is a factor on how your RC signal is broadcast though. This has been an ongoing discussion since the Standard was released to be honest. Maybe someone who has had a Standard for a couple years might be able to offer up some more detail. Just my thoughts.
2017-8-27
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-27 13:42
The flight distance is not exactly accurate. depending on how often you sync your flights. As for me, I also use Litchi, and it uploads to the same account on Airdata as my DJI go app. So, my go app is goingto be way different than what Airdata is showing. For you, if you just use the Go app, it might not be syncing all of your flights. I would think it would be close but I wouldn't get to worried about it.

As for the device you are using. I could be wrong, and I don't have a standard, I have an Advanced which uses Lightbridge, but I could understand the device not being able to keep a signal or video with the wireless connection you are using with your standard. But my point is it is the RC sending the signal to your phantom. You can fly your phantom without the phone, just won't have video to see FPV. I think you must have something wrong with your RC possibly. Your range is very short compared to most. I do think the firmware is a factor on how your RC signal is broadcast though. This has been an ongoing discussion since the Standard was released to be honest. Maybe someone who has had a Standard for a couple years might be able to offer up some more detail. Just my thoughts.

Know matter what I've tried, nothing has helped with the distance. The little Parb that slides down the original antenna to the ARGtek.  Maybe it is the RC. I purchased the P3S just a couple of days after the firmware update was released. The first thing I did was update the firmware. I see a lot of people were having a problem downloading the firmware and many others had problems with the P3S after downloading the firmware. I don't have anything to compare with since I've only flown mine with the new firmware. I don't have the money to just go out and buy a controller to see if that's the problem. If I knew that was the problem for sure, yes I would purchase a new one. I'm going to try one more thing when the weather lets me. I'm going way out in the country where I know there aren't any power lines or cell towers and give it a try. Don't know what else to do?.... Something I did want to ask is this, people are leaving the old antennas inside the controller and taping the wires down, which is what I did. Some are removing them completely. What is your take on that?  Oh and my distance on here is half of what it says on my app..
2017-8-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-28 15:28
Know matter what I've tried, nothing has helped with the distance. The little Parb that slides down the original antenna to the ARGtek.  Maybe it is the RC. I purchased the P3S just a couple of days after the firmware update was released. The first thing I did was update the firmware. I see a lot of people were having a problem downloading the firmware and many others had problems with the P3S after downloading the firmware. I don't have anything to compare with since I've only flown mine with the new firmware. I don't have the money to just go out and buy a controller to see if that's the problem. If I knew that was the problem for sure, yes I would purchase a new one. I'm going to try one more thing when the weather lets me. I'm going way out in the country where I know there aren't any power lines or cell towers and give it a try. Don't know what else to do?.... Something I did want to ask is this, people are leaving the old antennas inside the controller and taping the wires down, which is what I did. Some are removing them completely. What is your take on that?  Oh and my distance on here is half of what it says on my app..

I personally would remove the extra wires. Just something to come loose and get caught up in the controls is my thoughts. Totally understand not wanting to go out an buy another remote to see if that is the problem. I still wonder if the firmware is causing some of your issue. I'm sure you are getting tired of fooling with it and I don't blame you. There are several posts on the forum about rolling back firmware using a debug-file or something. Can't remember for sure, but not saying that would fix it either. Would hate to see you be completely out of commission. I don't understand the distance being half off either. Maybe your best option would be to send it in to a DJI repair center to figure out what is going on. I hate to say that, but they are the experts. Not sure where you are located, but surely you could find somewhere in your area. I guess it really doesn't matter where you send it, it would get there in a couple days. I will be anxious to hear how your country trip works out. I still maintain you should see better distances than you are describing. Best of luck.
2017-8-29
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-29 04:16
I personally would remove the extra wires. Just something to come loose and get caught up in the controls is my thoughts. Totally understand not wanting to go out an buy another remote to see if that is the problem. I still wonder if the firmware is causing some of your issue. I'm sure you are getting tired of fooling with it and I don't blame you. There are several posts on the forum about rolling back firmware using a debug-file or something. Can't remember for sure, but not saying that would fix it either. Would hate to see you be completely out of commission. I don't understand the distance being half off either. Maybe your best option would be to send it in to a DJI repair center to figure out what is going on. I hate to say that, but they are the experts. Not sure where you are located, but surely you could find somewhere in your area. I guess it really doesn't matter where you send it, it would get there in a couple days. I will be anxious to hear how your country trip works out. I still maintain you should see better distances than you are describing. Best of luck.

This is from the same day the same fly. When Go app lost signal and RTH I just closed it and opened Litchi and it had signal 3300ft more. With Go app
and With Litchi
Both on newest Fw and newest apps. It is something about how Go app handle the signal which is causing  this signal lost.
2017-8-29
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-8-29 09:20
This is from the same day the same fly. When Go app lost signal and RTH I just closed it and opened Litchi and it had signal 3300ft more. With Go app
and With Litchi
Both on newest Fw and newest apps. It is something about how Go app handle the signal which is causing  this signal lost.

WOW!, that is something. You are slowly figuring out your options. Thanks for sharing your data. Would be nice if DJI would get this figured out. I can't remember and didn't want to look back at all of the posts, but wonder if KEM has tried this.
2017-8-29
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

I bit the bullet and purchased Litchi. If that does not help, It won't be the first 25 bucks I've thrown away. What bothers me is I didn't know I had to register Litchi with Dji ? They can't fix their own stuff but they have to put their hands on something else.. Because the weather has been a little bad lately, I only paid for it and downloaded it. I have not installed it yet. I haven't read a lot on Litchi, just figured it could not hurt. On the P3S, do you need to uninstall the Dji Go app? Maybe Ricardo or you can answer this. I have seen where people are saying they have updated the firmware on the P3S controller? I was told you can do it on the advanced and pro but not the standard. What is your take on that? Also Ricardo, I live in Northeastern, North Carolina........

Kevin
2017-8-30
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-29 10:26
WOW!, that is something. You are slowly figuring out your options. Thanks for sharing your data. Would be nice if DJI would get this figured out. I can't remember and didn't want to look back at all of the posts, but wonder if KEM has tried this.

I bit the bullet and purchased Litchi. If that does not help, It won't be the first 25 bucks I've thrown away. What bothers me is I didn't know I had to register Litchi with Dji ? They can't fix their own stuff but they have to put their hands on something else.. Because the weather has been a little bad lately, I only paid for it and downloaded it. I have not installed it yet. I haven't read a lot on Litchi, just figured it could not hurt. On the P3S, do you need to uninstall the Dji Go app? Maybe Ricardo or you can answer this. I have seen where people are saying they have updated the firmware on the P3S controller? I was told you can do it on the advanced and pro but not the standard. What is your take on that? Also Ricardo, I live in Northeastern, North Carolina........
2017-8-31
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-8-31 19:29

I am not sure what you mean about registering Litchi with DJI? You don't have to register anything. And yes you can have both apps on you tablet/phone. Just make sure you don't run both at the same time. By that I mean you need to actually go into your app and "Force-Stop" it from running. At least that is what I do and I have never had any problem. Early on users were saying if both are running it can cause issues, so I have always had just the one I want running. It is not as hard as it sounds. Also after you install the Litchi, go into both the GO app and Litchi and clear the "open by default" for both. If you do it correctly, it will ask you which one you want to open. I wouldn't change the firmware on your RC or aircraft. I'm thinking leave everything as is. Now, I don't have the standard, so I hope I'm not telling you wrong. Also remember, you don't even have to have the Go app, but you can only change some of your settings with the GO app, so most will have both installed. The Litchi is forced to use the DJI firmware that is one your aircraft, so maybe that is what you were thinking about. that info is stored on the phantom.
Go to Litchi's web site and sign up for the "free" phantom-school". It gives several lessons about how to use the Litchi app. It is well worth looking at. Very good presentation. You will be able to send you Standard on a waypoint mission farther than you have ever been able to go, guaranteed! Good luck.
2017-9-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Now i have the Go app version 3.1.11 and it ´s running outstanding. Now the question to DJI engineers,can you implement the <F-active-track> to the P3 series?
2017-9-4
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-4 05:25
Now i have the Go app version 3.1.11 and it ´s running outstanding. Now the question to DJI engineers,can you implement the  to the P3 series?

Glad you got it straightened out and are able to fly!
2017-9-6
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-9-1 04:23
I am not sure what you mean about registering Litchi with DJI? You don't have to register anything. And yes you can have both apps on you tablet/phone. Just make sure you don't run both at the same time. By that I mean you need to actually go into your app and "Force-Stop" it from running. At least that is what I do and I have never had any problem. Early on users were saying if both are running it can cause issues, so I have always had just the one I want running. It is not as hard as it sounds. Also after you install the Litchi, go into both the GO app and Litchi and clear the "open by default" for both. If you do it correctly, it will ask you which one you want to open. I wouldn't change the firmware on your RC or aircraft. I'm thinking leave everything as is. Now, I don't have the standard, so I hope I'm not telling you wrong. Also remember, you don't even have to have the Go app, but you can only change some of your settings with the GO app, so most will have both installed. The Litchi is forced to use the DJI firmware that is one your aircraft, so maybe that is what you were thinking about. that info is stored on the phantom.
Go to Litchi's web site and sign up for the "free" phantom-school". It gives several lessons about how to use the Litchi app. It is well worth looking at. Very good presentation. You will be able to send you Standard on a waypoint mission farther than you have ever been able to go, guaranteed! Good luck.

I have been busy and the weather has not been good for flying. Looks like it may be a few more days with the hurricane coming this way before I can fly. Litchi looks like it can be rather complicated compared to the GO app. All that I've done so far is turn the RC and the P3S on with Litchi in my living room... I have never had to calibrate my P with the GO app. It always told me the home point has been updated and I just fly. Litchi app didn't say anything about calibration either? I'm going to look at the Phantom school. I must have missed that. I did purchase a bracket that would hold my Samsung S2 tab. I saw where people were using their tabs with no problem. I'll let you know how things go and thanks again.. Oh and the website here still has my flight distance wrong. I guess it does not matter..
Kevin
2017-9-7
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-4 05:25
Now i have the Go app version 3.1.11 and it ´s running outstanding. Now the question to DJI engineers,can you implement the  to the P3 series?

What Android device are you using peter?

Kevin
2017-9-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-9-7 17:53
I have been busy and the weather has not been good for flying. Looks like it may be a few more days with the hurricane coming this way before I can fly. Litchi looks like it can be rather complicated compared to the GO app. All that I've done so far is turn the RC and the P3S on with Litchi in my living room... I have never had to calibrate my P with the GO app. It always told me the home point has been updated and I just fly. Litchi app didn't say anything about calibration either? I'm going to look at the Phantom school. I must have missed that. I did purchase a bracket that would hold my Samsung S2 tab. I saw where people were using their tabs with no problem. I'll let you know how things go and thanks again.. Oh and the website here still has my flight distance wrong. I guess it does not matter..
Kevin

Yeah, the Litchi seems a little complicated, but don't let it discourage you. It is like anything, after you sue it, it will become second nature.  You can calibrate your phantom with Litchi too. Really the only thing you cannot do is calibrate you RC (sensitivity, exp. or gain), and maybe you haven't got into that anyway. If you can't fly, turn everything on inside the house, (props off might be good, LOL) and walk through all of the tabs in Litchi and you understand it has many features just like DJI. The phantom school is free and I have watched the complete tutorial several times, but I think it is very helpful. It explains in detail how to use all of the special functions. I have introduced probably 8-10 of my friends to Litchi and everyone of them really like it. I think you will too.
2017-9-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Kevin ,
it´s Lolly pop 5.11 on an INTEL Atom Quad core 1,5 GB Ram
2017-9-8
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-8 06:14
Kevin ,
it´s Lolly pop 5.11 on an INTEL Atom Quad core 1,5 GB Ram

Thanks Peter. I have been MIA for a while. My daughter lives in FL and I have been there helping her out after the hurricane. Didn't even think to take my drone down there. That would have been a good place to get some nice videos. Back in NC now and it's cooler than it's been in a long time, so I'll be flying my drone now and I'm sure that I'll have a lot more questions.  LOL...Kevin  
2017-10-14
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-9-8 04:05
Yeah, the Litchi seems a little complicated, but don't let it discourage you. It is like anything, after you sue it, it will become second nature.  You can calibrate your phantom with Litchi too. Really the only thing you cannot do is calibrate you RC (sensitivity, exp. or gain), and maybe you haven't got into that anyway. If you can't fly, turn everything on inside the house, (props off might be good, LOL) and walk through all of the tabs in Litchi and you understand it has many features just like DJI. The phantom school is free and I have watched the complete tutorial several times, but I think it is very helpful. It explains in detail how to use all of the special functions. I have introduced probably 8-10 of my friends to Litchi and everyone of them really like it. I think you will too.

Just replied back to you but I don't see it. Sheesh!, It shows my reply to petet..
2017-10-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

I hope your daughter in FL is not too much in trouble. Here in GER the Rest of Irma was not in sight. 1 "kid" of Irma was blowing up in Hamburg and other Northern Cities to over 90 Mph and more.
But there were minimal causalities. If ya have lot more questions then let´s know.
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules