New battery
572 5 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23865 ft
Canada

I just bought a new battery for my p3 standard from best buy in Canada.  The battery is in a brown box, is this a genuine dji battery?  Is there anything special I need to do after I have fully charged the battery for the first time? Once inserted into the phantom, will it automatically do a firmware update on its own?

Thanks for your help
2017-8-23
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

As long as u have the FW on the SDcard. If not download and it will set it up automatically. I just had that issue after buying my third battery. Only way to tell is put it into the Bird and see if it calls for a FW update...
2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Congrats on the new flight pack. ;-)

Sounds like OEM to me...

RedHotPoker
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A reminder will pop up if it is a non-DJI battery. No worries. I would recommend you to test the battery performance first.
2017-8-23
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If you can read  the word "PHANTOM" on it and you see the symbol with a fire warning and Chinese Chars then it´s an original. You can check the cell integrity in the setting menu under battery setup. Each cell shows the same voltage if the battery is ok.
2017-8-24
Use props
Hodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23865 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-23 23:17
A reminder will pop up if it is a non-DJI battery. No worries. I would recommend you to test the battery performance first.

Thank you everyone.  I will charge it up and pop it in.  
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules