3186 46 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Being curious I installed .1000 and have only problems, yesterday camera lost focus during flight and flight was a bit choppy, today mid-flight Mavic changed his Home point to 12 km far a way house and asked immediately to RTH to there (in between is a high mountain with woods), Lucki enough I stopped it on time otherwise it will be lost forever
I tried to downgrade to .0900 which was stable for me, but there No option to do so!
Dear DJI Plase return back option to chose Right FW - I paid a lot of money to be a Guiney Pig for testing buggy FW's
2017-8-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You downgrade via the DJI Assistant 2 app, downloadable from DJI's Mavic site.
2017-8-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Nope, i tried DJI Assistant and there is also Only .1000 - only refresh is possible
2017-8-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-24 10:44
Nope, i tried DJI Assistant and there is also Only .1000 - only refresh is possible

Ugh. Angst.
2017-8-24
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Look for digdat0
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you use manual mode or auto mode during flight? Did the camera focus on the subject for the very beginning of the flight? Please try to focus manually to see will it work. And could you please provide us with more info about the choppy, was it the drone drifted or the transmission's issue? For the Homepoint changed, could you please export the flight data of the drone and report this case to our support to start a data analysis? Here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 20:24
Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you use manual mode or auto mode during flight? Did the camera focus on the subject for the very beginning of the flight? Please try to focus manually to see will it work. And could you please provide us with more info about the choppy, was it the drone drifted or the transmission's issue? For the Homepoint changed, could you please export the flight data of the drone and report this case to our support to start a data analysis? Here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Appreciate your patience.

Manual mode all the time;Here is the video ~20 and ~40 seconds You can see what I mean under choppy and the video is in focus after that video loose focus

Give me a mail so I can send you flight log wit changed Home point
And Give me a possibility to return to .0900! And I'll Not upgrade again
2017-8-24
Use props
Tiho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227274 ft
Croatia

SD card? U3?
2017-8-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Samsung Pro+ 64GB - faster than needed ;) http://www.samsung.com/us/comput ... apter-mb-md64da-am/
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-24 23:24
Manual mode all the time;Here is the video ~20 and ~40 seconds You can see what I mean under choppy and the video is in focus after that video loose focus
https://youtu.be/V5bGyXGxMpk

Could you please try to use auto focus for testing? Remember to calibrate the gimbal and IMU first. And please send an email to support.eu@dji.com to start the data analysis. For now, we don't support firmware rollback. I'll help to confirm more of your case, thanks for your patience.
2017-8-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-25 02:53
Could you please try to use auto focus for testing? Remember to calibrate the gimbal and IMU first. And please send an email to support.eu@dji.com to start the data analysis. For now, we don't support firmware rollback. I'll help to confirm more of your case, thanks for your patience.

I am using AFC mode!
I'll send flight record for home change.
2017-8-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

I've had a couple flights where focus would become blurred and wouldn't correct, resetting the camera seemed to fix it, but that wasn't on the latest firmware, which I haven't had a chance to fly on yet.

What frame rate are you using? I'm thinking the choppiness is due to too fast pans -- don't see choppiness in the pan sweep at the end of the video.
2017-8-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I haven't closely evaluated focus yet after updating, but with the new updates I immediately noticed a more stable operation of the drone.  I was really impressed.  The typical DJI trait of having a tilted horizon that slowly changed after azimuth changes seemed to be gone.  The whole platform was very stable in hover also, more than usual.  I'll have to run some tests on focus next.
2017-8-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-25 10:23
I've had a couple flights where focus would become blurred and wouldn't correct, resetting the camera seemed to fix it, but that wasn't on the latest firmware, which I haven't had a chance to fly on yet.

What frame rate are you using? I'm thinking the choppiness is due to too fast pans -- don't see choppiness in the pan sweep at the end of the video.

Strange but focus problem did not happen again.
But choppy flight at the beginning is really bugs me off - this is today start of a beautiful flight (http://forum.dji.com/thread-110476-1-1.html )

2017-8-25
Use props
Candra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558497 ft
Indonesia

I just upgraded the firmware 1000 too. I don't see choppy video, but I see moving lines in the video. Here is the clip.

Any clues?
2017-8-25
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Candra Posted at 2017-8-25 18:19
I just upgraded the firmware 1000 too. I don't see choppy video, but I see moving lines in the video. Here is the clip.

https://youtu.be/QbkdQCj3nD0

Try to fly with the sun behind the camera and see if this problem persists
2017-8-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

No answer yet
I am disappointed by this policy not to give me right to chose better FW version this is wrong! I was happy with .0900 and have problems with .1000!
2017-8-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-25 02:59
I am using AFC mode!
I'll send flight record for home change.

You were using AFC, that´s why your image went nuts. You select the focus point, but you´re not always looking at the same distance. More importantly, you´re moving around zones with very different contrast.  The AFC is continuosly trying to fix and it gets to a point where it cannot find anything useful to focus (it´s like any camera... just point your cellphone to some place dark in your house without any contrast, it´ll not focus correctly. If you´re shooting landscape, just take off, select AF (instead of AFC) and focus to somewhere really far. You should be good to go for the whole flight.

The home point update is definately extrange. Did you by any chance swipe the app to the right? There´s an option over there to set up the new home point. Maybe you just touch it by mistake.

Finally some advice, as you don´t seem to be an experienced pilot by how you described the issues: Be very careful flying in between mountains, specially if you´re high, winds can play tricks on you even when it seems the wind is calm, and the mountain wave can be a shock https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Mountain_Waves
2017-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like V_kingo say.... very simple process, go back to any firmware your little heart desires...
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I have installed also new firmware and during 2nd flight I nearly crashed/lost my mavic. First flight with new FW was about 4 minutes all ok. Second was around 2 minutes and after that around 300 - 400 meters far from me I get Aircraft disconnected and I was unable to reconnect it anyway. I thought it crashed somewhere so started to run that direction and during run noticed that LCD display of remote controller still showing rpms of propellers so tried to go up and down with my mavic it was reacting and I hear it so by my eye tried to turn it my direction and go as close to me as possible when I was really close I started descending but mavic stopped descending about 2 meters above ground and when I relased left joystick it immediately started ascending. So I again put left joystick full down id descended to aroun 2m above groud again but I was not able to catch it so I jumped and by force pulled it down, fortunately I was not hurt and mavic is intact. But I'm now very scary to use it again as I was flying a lot and never experienced something like this in past so I'm pretty confident there is some bug in new FW or FW + DJI GO4 app. I already opened case with DJI to check my flight data so far only initial info was sent to them. But I'm little bit afraid if they will be able find something as even with DJI Assistant 2 I'm unable to enter flightdata mode at all, it will simply do not show that USB drive as before with FW 900. Also upload of data from dji assistant is not possible as I'm getting "no flight data".

DJI please work on this as it seems that new FW is even dangerous to use! Till all issues in new FW will be resolved please put old firmware 900 back I never had problem with that FW before.

Thank you.

David
2017-8-26
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

have a look on youtube ;)
2017-8-26
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2017-8-26 03:37
have a look on youtube ;)

Hi Bomberuk1,

I would like to downgrade to 900 official way.

David
2017-8-26
Use props
fansf63361f1
New
Flight distance : 210932 ft
Poland

4no.esc error after upgrade to .1000. No possibility to downgrade.
2017-8-26
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

d.a.v.i.d Posted at 2017-8-26 04:10
Hi Bomberuk1,

then you will have to put up with all of dji,s restrictions but thats your choice m8 ;)
2017-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Bomberuk1,

That's not going to happen, ever, because of the " loopholes" in all previous firmwares. The only way is "YouTube" method....
2017-8-26
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

version 700 firmware is the most stable
2017-8-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

That's prop shadow.
2017-8-26
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_J8pTkMa Posted at 2017-8-26 03:30
Hi All,

I have installed also new firmware and during 2nd flight I nearly crashed/lost my mavic. First flight with new FW was about 4 minutes all ok. Second was around 2 minutes and after that around 300 - 400 meters far from me I get Aircraft disconnected and I was unable to reconnect it anyway. I thought it crashed somewhere so started to run that direction and during run noticed that LCD display of remote controller still showing rpms of propellers so tried to go up and down with my mavic it was reacting and I hear it so by my eye tried to turn it my direction and go as close to me as possible when I was really close I started descending but mavic stopped descending about 2 meters above ground and when I relased left joystick it immediately started ascending. So I again put left joystick full down id descended to aroun 2m above groud again but I was not able to catch it so I jumped and by force pulled it down, fortunately I was not hurt and mavic is intact. But I'm now very scary to use it again as I was flying a lot and never experienced something like this in past so I'm pretty confident there is some bug in new FW or FW + DJI GO4 app. I already opened case with DJI to check my flight data so far only initial info was sent to them. But I'm little bit afraid if they will be able find something as even with DJI Assistant 2 I'm unable to enter flightdata mode at all, it will simply do not show that USB drive as before with FW 900. Also upload of data from dji assistant is not possible as I'm getting "no flight data".

I've got the same problem with Flight Data; hopefully that will get resolved soon as it sounds like the FW caused it.  My Mavic's flight performance and video seems fine though.
2017-8-26
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Cuac afc will not refocus while video recording so what are u talking about? Now it will refocus when he is not video recording and moving around
2017-8-26
Use props
Candra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558497 ft
Indonesia

You are right. I did few more tests and it is the prop shadow.

Thanks!
2017-8-29
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

Mate those moving lines are the shadows from the props spinning. The sunlight at the right hand side of the image is causing this. This is perfectly normal when flying close to the sun. One way to avoid is to either point the gimbal at a lower angle, or avoid flying towards bright light sources.
2017-8-29
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

fansf63361f1 Posted at 2017-8-26 05:24
4no.esc error after upgrade to .1000. No possibility to downgrade.

Flash the firmware (there is a DJI tutorial on how to do this) and start from scratch. That should fix it.
2017-8-29
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

Hi Bomberuk1,

You can flash the firmware (look for the DJI tutorial video on how to do this) and start a new update from scratch. This might help you out.
2017-8-29
Use props
jburkett
lvl.2

Hong Kong

when the mavic is braking,gimbal would probably shake.  This issue has nothing to do with the new firmware
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, 34# is the answer from our engineer. Please kindly refer to it.
2017-8-30
Use props
VictorMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2616266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah my Mavic tried to land itself at 190 and 80 feet on 2 separate occasions with .1000. Thankfully I  caught it before it hit trees.
2017-8-30
Use props
wujkudobrarada
New
Flight distance : 210932 ft
Poland

Tango_B Posted at 2017-8-29 17:20
Flash the firmware (there is a DJI tutorial on how to do this) and start from scratch. That should fix it.

Back to the .700 did not change anything. After that, I updated to .1000 version again. Still red light and same error.
2017-8-31
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

wujkudobrarada Posted at 2017-8-31 23:03
Back to the .700 did not change anything. After that, I updated to .1000 version again. Still red light and same error.

Bugger, not sure then mate, best of luck though. Maybe it needs to be sent back to DJI.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

wujkudobrarada Posted at 2017-8-31 23:03

For this ESC error, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis.
2017-9-1
Use props
fans4680c285
New
Canada

I have the same problem after updating to the latest firmware. Twitching and jello effect. I reviewed all my videos pre-update. Not a single twitch.

I restored to factory settings, refreshed the fw and calibrated everything.

I'll fly tomorrow, fingers crossed
2017-9-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules