Controller unresponsive after firmware update.
1572 9 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1815d063
lvl.1
United States

I went through the usual steps to update my Spark. I did the bird first and one battery. I moved onto to do the controller next. Unfourtunately the controller is now not broadcasting an ssid and the power light flashes 2 times every second or so. Ive tried all the reset tricks and still nothing will bring it back. I also tried the assistant with no success. Is there a forced DFU mode for bringing these controllers back from the dead. I really dont want to have to deal with sending it in and waiting. Thankfully I connected direct to my phone to still use the spark but would prefer the controller.

Thx
2017-8-26
Use props
ParaHawg
lvl.1
United States

yes!  exact same problem!  DJI Assistant won't recognize the RC to re flash the firmware. I got the same answer, "send it in"  
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please try to use DJI GO 4 to update your RC. Here is the link for you as reference:
2017-8-27
Use props
Salmmon
lvl.1
United States

The app is what bricked it. With no ssid and no connection working through usb because it is bricked I need other options. I need to know if there is a safe mode to recover from a firmware fail. The traditional methods are not an option. I really regret buying a dji product after this ridiculous forced update. Dji support is awful.
2017-8-29
Use props
Salmmon
lvl.1
United States

A video of issue.
2017-8-29
Use props
aramis74
New
Switzerland

Hi Salmmon, I have exactly the same problem: the controller is bricked after (or while) the controller firmware upgrade. I have no Spark-Controller-SSID anymore and also the connection with a OTG-cable is not possible anymore. The controller is in excatly the same state: the read is double-flashing every second and a WIFI-reset (9 seconds press and hold on the on-off-button) does not help.
DJI: what should we do?
2017-9-4
Use props
baydreamer
New
Indonesia

Hi!

I am a sailor and I just bought a spark in Indonesia (Bali). I have exactly the same problem- all worked fine until I was forced to upgrade the firmware on the remote! What sahll I do?? The remote is not to be found on the network and I cant take it back to the store beacuse I will set sail within a couple of days!

//D
2017-9-4
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

I’m in the same boat. Sending mine in tomorrow. If the new replacement does the same then I will be filling for a full refund due to failure to provide proper working equipment. You think for 150$ for the remote and 499 for the spark that this would be flawless connecting and updating.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Salmmon Posted at 2017-8-29 08:08
https://youtu.be/vLsrjblB_e8

A video of issue.

Sorry for your unexpected experience. Please provide me the log and I would forward it to our engineers and find out the problem,
2017-9-7
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

This is so so so ridiculous.  A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THIS PROBLEM. Including me!!!! And the responses from DJI in these forums to each instance is very pretensive because in each case they are replying as though  it's the first time they are hearing about this particular issue. IF DJI RECEIVED messages from at least 50 DIFFERENT customers about the EXACT SAME PROBLEM why are they acting as though they never heard about that problem and replying to each person as though their case is an usual one?? THIS BRICKED RC PROBLEM IS NOT UNUSUAL!! SO ADDRESS CUSTOMERS AND LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM, DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!!
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules