6050 16 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Hello all,

I recently replaced the shell and landing gear on my P4.  I took it our for the 3rd flight since finishing the job about a week ago.  I flew and shot video for about 20 minutes (a very gentle flight).  Then I landed and changed batteries and when I started the aircraft I got no video feed and an error message "camera sensor error" and "Hardware Malfunction".  Reboot doesn't help. Refreshed the firmware, didn't help.  Removed the gimbal and camera and carefully inspected the cables for signs of damage.  None found.  Replaced the two ribbon cables that connect the gimbal to the aircraft because I had brand new spares.  Didn't help.  I did not replace the main gimbal cable.  I did not have a replacement on hand, but I do not see any obvious damage nor do I have any reason to think that cable is damaged.  The gimbal operates as always and the aircraft flies fine, but no video or stills.  The gimbal light is also flashing red 3 times repeatedly, see video.    Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Jim Watkins,
(Burbank, CA)
2017-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried just re-seating both ends of the main gimbal cable Jim (remove and re-insert) I'm thinking along the lines of a bad contact in the connection ?
2017-8-26
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-26 12:32
Have you tried just re-seating both ends of the main gimbal cable Jim (remove and re-insert) I'm thinking along the lines of a bad contact in the connection ?

I have not tried that yet.  Maybe next week.  I've had all I can take for one day.
2017-8-26
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

Camera Sensor Error

Hello all,

I recently replaced the shell and landing gear on my P4.  I took it our for the 3rd flight since finishing the job about a week ago.  I flew and shot video for about 20 minutes (a very gentle flight).  Then I landed and changed batteries and when I started the aircraft I got no video feed and an error message "camera sensor error" and "Hardware Malfunction".  Reboot doesn't help. Refreshed the firmware, didn't help.  Removed the gimbal and camera and carefully inspected the cables for signs of damage.  None found.  Replaced the two ribbon cables that connect the gimbal to the aircraft because I had brand new spares.  Didn't help.  I did not replace the main gimbal cable.  I did not have a replacement on hand, but I do not see any obvious damage nor do I have any reason to think that cable is damaged.  The gimbal operates as always and the aircraft flies fine, but no video or stills.  The gimbal light is also blinking red, see the video.    Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Jim Watkins,
(Burbank, CA)

2017-8-26
Use props
ikoophotos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2132392 ft
Maldives

dear Jim Watkins, i also got same problem with my P4P . i sent it to DJI customer care .
2017-8-26
Use props
j0e7
New

Indonesia

Best regards, drone i have problem with phantom 4. written warning..camera sensor eror .. please help .. thanks
2017-8-26
Use props
j0e7
New

Indonesia

Best regards, drone i have problem with phantom 4. written warning..camera sensor eror .. please help .. thanks
2017-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jim,

You have created a redundant thread.  We are only supposed to post one thread per subject.  I am sure your issue will be addressed.

Looks like you noticed later that your first thread was for the P4P so you posted the other thread in the P4 heading since that is what your Phantom is.  Maybe the administrators can consolidate the threads for you.  

Good luck with your problem!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-27
Use props
racman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46729 ft
Australia

Hi Jim, had the same "camera sensor error" while I was messing around with yaw motor replacement. It turned out to be the main gimbal cable!!
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.
@j0e7, please refer above and contact the support team for further assistance.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110605-1-1.html.

Please do not post repeatedly, thank you for cooperation.
2017-8-28
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 22:49
I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110605-1-1.html.

Please do not post repeatedly, thank you for cooperation.

I didn't intend to double post this, but after posting it the first time, I realized I posted it in the wrong forum.  That's why I reposed it in the correct forum.  Then I tried to delete the original post from the incorrect forum but I couldn't, presumably because others had already replied to it.  Sorry for the trouble.

--Jim Watkins
(Burbank, CA)
2017-8-30
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

DJI really seem to want everyone to send in their drones, clearly you're up to having a go yourself. Definitely check all cables and connectors, though difficult to test you can at least reseat em. Hope you get it going dude.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-8-30 12:47
I didn't intend to double post this, but after posting it the first time, I realized I posted it in the wrong forum.  That's why I reposed it in the correct forum.  Then I tried to delete the original post from the incorrect forum but I couldn't, presumably because others had already replied to it.  Sorry for the trouble.

--Jim Watkins

Noted with thanks. Hopefully we could figure it out smoothly.
2017-9-1
Use props
fans91f990da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485187 ft
United States

your ribbon cable needs to be replaced i was having exactly the same problem and same message so i just replaced the ribbon cable and problem solved good luck
2017-9-1
Use props
fans91f990da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485187 ft
United States

did u get it fix already
2017-9-1
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

fans91f990da Posted at 2017-9-1 12:42
did u get it fix already

Not fixed yet.  It's been a very busy week and no time yet.  Hopefully next week.

2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules