Firmware update bricked my RC.
727 6 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ParaHawg
lvl.1
United States

Who is the idiot that decided to do firmware updates over the air on wifi signal when the RC had a micro USB port.  RC update took longer than normal and failed.  Now RC won't link to Spark (it used to), RC is NOT, I repeat NOT broadcasting a wifi signal ( it did before) RC is not recognized by DJI assistant when connected by cable.  {:4_142:}{:4_142:}
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

So far, the RC of Spark can't connect to the DJI Assistant 2. What is the light status of the RC? Try to press and hold the power button for 9 seconds when the RC is powered on, you'll hear some beeps, then let it go, see if it works.
2017-8-27
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

I have this exact same problem. My RC is bricked. And I came across a couple people online that experienced the exact same problem. This is so ridiculous!! And I am also wondering why they can't make updates possible via USB as well!!...
2017-9-9
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-27 18:09
So far, the RC of Spark can't connect to the DJI Assistant 2. What is the light status of the RC? Try to press and hold the power button for 9 seconds when the RC is powered on, you'll hear some beeps, then let it go, see if it works.

The light status is 2 RED FLASHES OVER AND OVER AGAIN! As soon as the RC is turned on it starts blinking red twice all the time. What does this mean?
2017-9-9
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-9 06:08
The light status is 2 RED FLASHES OVER AND OVER AGAIN! As soon as the RC is turned on it starts blinking red twice all the time. What does this mean?

I feel your anger. Mine just arrived at dji for replacement. Whoever decided to do over the air update needs to be fired. That is the least secure method. Brand new remote that I used for 5 minutes decided to crap out because of dji crap firmware update method. You think for 500$ for the spark and 150$ for the remote that we wouldn’t have these issues.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-9 06:08

Wait about 2-3 minutes if the light is blinking red, see it can turn into solid red or not. You may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair if it is the same.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tim1985 Posted at 2017-9-9 06:13
I feel your anger. Mine just arrived at dji for replacement. Whoever decided to do over the air update needs to be fired. That is the least secure method. Brand new remote that I used for 5 minutes decided to crap out because of dji crap firmware update method. You think for 500$ for the spark and 150$ for the remote that we wouldn’t have these issues.

Sorry for the trouble you have been caused, hope it can be sorted out shortly, should you have any questions about this case, please provide us with your case number, we'd like to check it for you.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules