Transmitter Antenna
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shwnoff1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617667 ft
United States

Both antennas are broken on transmitter along with the chrome sleeves that go around them. Anyone know where I can buy these parts. Would like stock parts.  Thanks

2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to start a repair case and send it in for fully check and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-3
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Do yourself a favor and buy an aftermarket setup. Argtek or Itelite. Both work very well and will improve your signal strength and probable help your range distances. I have used both on my P3A and have settled on the Itelite myself. Both require you to take the remote apart, but you are going to have to do that anyway. The Argtek are around $50-$60 and the Itelite is $120-$140 depending on just where you find them. Ebay or Amazon are good sources. I don't know if you can but the stock setup, but check with www.multicopterwarehouse. The are a DJI authorized seller and are in Colorado.
2017-9-5
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-5 05:50
ITELITE DBS ANTENNA FOR DJI PHANTOM 3, 4, INSPIRE
are they not directional and have to be pointed directly at the craft?

About having to point the antenna directly at the phantom all of the time. I have a P3A that put an Itelite Max-Range booster on over a year ago. Not the super Max or really big one. I find I can actually sit in my house and start up my phantom outside, lift off and fly completely around my house and travel a least 1/2 mile in any direction and have 100% signal all of the time. I have experimented outside also, and I can be sometimes as much as 45 degrees away from where my phantom is flying or even pointing in the complete opposite direction. Obviously if I am out a coupe miles I will keep pointing in that direction. I find it almost hard to believe. Some might say I'm am making this up, but I am being totally honest, and that is why I love the Itelite. I tried the Argtek also and it worked very well, but it had the 2-panels and I like the 1-single panel that fastens securely to your RC. I never remove it and it goes right in my hard case perfectly. Now, I live in a somewhat rural area, about a mile out from our local town, and I have several transmission (assuming cell) towers within 1/4 mile from me. I actually have a 300 ft. tall tower right next to my house (500' away), and a sub-station 1/4 mile up the road. I have flown around these towers and never had any issues. Anyway I find the Itelite works very well for me.
2017-9-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Depends on how you want to do the work.  Some will drill a hole.  Some will use an existing hole.  Some will run a cable straight from the transmitter through the existing hole to the antenna to minimize signal loss.  The antenna does not require a battery.  
2017-9-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-7 03:15
checked it out on youtube
i believe if using the existing holes in the rc, i have to have longer cables made up
or drill 2 holes in the rc if using the cables that come with the kit

drilling the 2-holes is a piece of cake. Not hard. You're right, if you use the existing old holes the cables will be short. The Argtek is nice for that reason, no drilling required, and it works very well too.
2017-9-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-7 03:28
i take you you have used both?
is the argtek as good as the one you are using at present?
i don't fly my drone miles away i try to keep it in sight range. But would like to have the signal strong

Yes, I have used both. The Argtek worked very well for me. I explained about the Argtek having 2-panels. These are easily removed if you want, just unscrew them. I like the 1-panel but I leave mine attached all the time. I would think for you the Argtek would be a good choice from what you say you want, and you don't have to do any modes (drilling holes) to your RC.
2017-9-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-7 16:16
do you still have the argtec?
if so do you want to sell it

No sorry, I installed in on my son's Phantom 3 Advanced.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules