Error Code -36 on MacBook Pro
2175 4 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrewzuber1
New
United States

I took my Mavic out for it's first flight today and am VERY pleased with the results - the ones I can view, anyway. All of my photos transferred from the card to my computer, along with maybe 1/3 of my video files. The rest give me an error code -36, saying some data can't be read or written. The files that can't be moved will still play off of the card (though sometimes they're choppy - I'm assuming that's just because the card isn't fast enough, but I don't know.)

Any thoughts? I've looked up Error Code -36 and see a ton of different answers but nothing has really helped.

Thank you!
2017-8-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Did you format the MicroSD card on the Mac? Can you copy the remaining video files one at a time off the drive? If so, once you've copied off all the files, reformat the card while in the Mavic using Go 4.
2017-8-30
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

Get an ultra high speed SD card.  It sounds like the one you are using is just a bit too slow.  You could try formatting the card you have, but it is unlikely to help.
2017-8-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Oh, another thing you can try is to plug the card directly into your MacBook card slot if you are currently accessing over USB -- it's tons faster & folks have complained about flaky USB connections and hubs.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to the replies above, besides, had you tried to use a card reader to export? You can try. And you can also try to ask Apple's technical support. Or you might need another windows computer to export.
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules