Connection RC problems after last upgrade (firmware update problems)
698 5 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf4ea8bf4
New
United States

I have been having some huge remote problems since I did the last firmware upgrade. I'm not sure what is going on- but I did have problems with the upgrade- it froze up while doing the upgrade. After 40 minutes, I turned it all off and it re-did the upgrade. I can't figure out if I can do some kind of hard reset or what the issue may be.

My RC signal is now hit/miss at about 100 feet. It really is useless now for flying.

I've check everything I can but don't know anything about firmware or how it might have messed it up. Something is very off and I need some help.

It is a P3 standard.

Also, I though it might have been the remote- I purchased a used one and paired it to the drone. It is doing the same thing!  2 remotes tried and same bad signal! I can't believe it is the remote.
NO CRASHES.
STARTED DOING THIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER BAD UPGRADE.

PLEASE HELP!
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Did it trigger the RTH? Did you get any error message? Please go to the 'About' page, which is under 'General Settings', post a screenshot of this page here.  Besides, have you tried to fly the drone in different areas? If yes, how is it going?
2017-8-30
Use props
Mountainman31
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-30 18:06
Did it trigger the RTH? Did you get any error message? Please go to the 'About' page, which is under 'General Settings', post a screenshot of this page here.  Besides, have you tried to fly the drone in different areas? If yes, how is it going?

Yes. It triggers RTH every time
2017-8-30
Use props
Mountainman31
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-30 18:06

2017-8-30
Use props
MediaMarketer21
New
United States

I have the same problem as well. I currently own a DJI Phantom 3 4K. I took the Phantom 3 out about 3 days ago and it would only reach 70ft before saying "voltage too low, aircraft will now land". I had over 50% battery life on my aircraft and my controller. So I thought this could just be a firmware update I needed to do. I updated the firmware, and I tried to use it the next day for work and nothing was working! The controller had its WIFI and my phone was able to connect to it, but then it doesn't connect with my aircraft! I've been reading a lot of forums about this issue, and I need this to work for my business. DJI please help us out and give us an answer. I've heard a lot of great things about DJI from everyone that I know. Casey Neistat is one of the reasons why I bought a DJI product and I wouldn't be surprised whether Casey or Myself would make a video about this update.
Steps I've already took was 1. turning on the controller and turning on the aircraft. 2. tried to relink the controller with the aircraft by pressing the link button on the left side and pressing the link button on my phone. 3. waited 60 seconds for the devices to link.. & Nothing. I've tried this over 12 times and it hasn't worked once.
Another step I took was 1. holding on to the menu icon in the GoApp for 10 seconds to reinstall the firmware.. and nothing. I've tried this method about 10 times. I've tried disconnecting the battery and putting the battery in.. Formatted my SD Card.. There is no way to downgrade back to the old firmware.. Please DJI, we need the help.
2017-8-30
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

MediaMarketer21 Posted at 2017-8-30 21:59
I have the same problem as well. I currently own a DJI Phantom 3 4K. I took the Phantom 3 out about 3 days ago and it would only reach 70ft before saying "voltage too low, aircraft will now land". I had over 50% battery life on my aircraft and my controller. So I thought this could just be a firmware update I needed to do. I updated the firmware, and I tried to use it the next day for work and nothing was working! The controller had its WIFI and my phone was able to connect to it, but then it doesn't connect with my aircraft! I've been reading a lot of forums about this issue, and I need this to work for my business. DJI please help us out and give us an answer. I've heard a lot of great things about DJI from everyone that I know. Casey Neistat is one of the reasons why I bought a DJI product and I wouldn't be surprised whether Casey or Myself would make a video about this update.
Steps I've already took was 1. turning on the controller and turning on the aircraft. 2. tried to relink the controller with the aircraft by pressing the link button on the left side and pressing the link button on my phone. 3. waited 60 seconds for the devices to link.. & Nothing. I've tried this over 12 times and it hasn't worked once.
Another step I took was 1. holding on to the menu icon in the GoApp for 10 seconds to reinstall the firmware.. and nothing. I've tried this method about 10 times. I've tried disconnecting the battery and putting the battery in.. Formatted my SD Card.. There is no way to downgrade back to the old firmware.. Please DJI, we need the help.

Low Voltage could indicate a defective battery.  Have you tried to fly with a different battery?
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules