return to home issues.
1021 11 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bener
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24012 ft
Cyprus

My p3p is returning home generally when the connection cut or i press r/h button. But sometimes instead of returning home it starts to landing where it is.ANd I have to cancell it and take it back manually. Why is this happening i dont understand.
ANother thing is after updating my AC firmware i cant set the max. distance more than 500 m. SO it means even I buy an inspire 2 again i wont be able to go more than 500 m. drones max capacities are limited with the updates.
2017-8-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Go into GO and reset your user parameters .....

Set the RTH to Go Home

Uncheck the max distance box and your distance will be unlimited. I assume you are not confusing max ALTITUDE 500m with distance ?

The latest update only reverted settings - it has not imposed any limits.

Nigel
2017-8-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sometimes instead of returning home it starts to landing where it is

Where is this happening?
If you initiate RTH when your Phantom is closer than 20 metres, it will land where it is every time.

2017-8-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-30 22:47
Go into GO and reset your user parameters .....

Set the RTH to Go Home

Set the RTH to Go Home

There is no setting for RTH
But you can choose options including RTH for Loss of Signal
But since RTH is the default option for Loss of Signal, almost no-one has anything different anyway.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to Labroides' reply, make sure that you initiate RTH when the drone is beyond 20 meters' distance, or the drone will land at the current location. Besides, did you activate it via the physical button or the virtual key on the app, the key between RTH and Landing is very close on the app, you can review your flight record to confirm might it be that you click the wrong button.
2017-8-30
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-30 23:53
Please refer to Labroides' reply, make sure that you initiate RTH when the drone is beyond 20 meters' distance, or the drone will land at the current location. Besides, did you activate it via the physical button or the virtual key on the app, the key between RTH and Landing is very close on the app, you can review your flight record to confirm might it be that you click the wrong button.

I press the button for RTH not landing/ And when signal lost again starts to land where it is.
2017-8-31
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

bener Posted at 2017-8-31 02:56
I press the button for RTH not landing/ And when signal lost again starts to land where it is.

Do you mean RTH is set to Hover, Land or Return to Home??
2017-8-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

How far away is the Phantom from the home point when this happens?
2017-8-31
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

Tmygun Posted at 2017-8-31 04:28
Do you mean RTH is set to Hover, Land or Return to Home??

RTH home is set to return to home.But again sometimes when connection cut it starts to landing.
2017-8-31
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

Labroides Posted at 2017-8-31 04:32
How far away is the Phantom from the home point when this happens?

about 300 -400 meters away
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I saw your reply below that the drone still had 300 meters' distance from the drone, right? If so, I recommend sync your flight record and report this case to our support team and we will help to start a data analysis to find out the reason. Here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Will do our best to help things out.
2017-9-1
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-1 00:32
I saw your reply below that the drone still had 300 meters' distance from the drone, right? If so, I recommend sync your flight record and report this case to our support team and we will help to start a data analysis to find out the reason. Here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Will do our best to help things out.

Ok Thamks. U will try to do that.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules