Spark Gesture Features Implemented into Mavic
1231 6 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hockeypickles23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4121 ft
United States

So now you must be thinking, "Wait no I don't want my Mavic turned into a Spark, please no!" But that's not exactly what I mean. I mean why doesn't DJI give us the features of a lower end product when we purchased the greater product? For example, you buy a low end car. This car has cruise control and a nice sound system. Your friend buys a high end car. It can do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and has luxurious interior, but the car has no cruise control or high end sound system. Wouldn't it make more sense if the features of the low end brand would be in the high end brand if they are positives? Don't you think features of the low end Spark, that are positives, should be involved and included with the Mavic? Like the gesture controls?

2017-8-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Different tools.  Selling two products to a consumer is more profitable then selling one.  When Mavic 2 comes out maybe you will see this, but not on the current airframe.
2017-8-31
Use props
Hockeypickles23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4121 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-31 04:50
Different tools.  Selling two products to a consumer is more profitable then selling one.  When Mavic 2 comes out maybe you will see this, but not on the current airframe.

I do understand that, but the Spark is cheaper than the Mavic. And there are still a lot of physical differences with the Spark  than the Mavic to still make it worth buying for the beginning user.
2017-8-31
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Hockeypickles23 Posted at 2017-8-31 05:00
I do understand that, but the Spark is cheaper than the Mavic. And there are still a lot of physical differences with the Spark  than the Mavic to still make it worth buying for the beginning user.

That way, the industry forces your mind to desire them both.
Conspiracy theory!
Cheers.
2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I see many people own both on this forum
2017-8-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems the grass is always greener on the other side, pound for pound Mavic stands way above the clouds, it's a great aircraft and dronie is much more successful when you operate manually.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The market positioning of Mavic Po and Spark is different. We don't have the news that will Mavic Pro also equipped with the intelligent fly modes like Spark at the moment. I personally hope that it can be realized if possible.
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules