Gimbal Motor Overload
3452 21 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danoldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
United States

I have a slight left/right backward motion on my Gimbal and the controller explains it to be an overload.  It is a Phantom 4 Pro advanced.  Is there any way to fix this without sending it in to DJI?  There is no way on Gods green earth that I will let DJI Service touch my drone.  I even have insurance, I'd rather sink it to the bottom of the ocean then give them any business.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Danoldo, have you ever crashed the drone? Is there noise when you turn the gimbal ? Will the drone finish gimbal calibration? What is the firmware version?
2017-8-31
Use props
fans4d07927c
New

Italy

I have same problem with mavic pro. No noise, no crash, calibration is ok. Firmware is latest.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans4d07927c Posted at 2017-9-2 16:39
I have same problem with mavic pro. No noise, no crash, calibration is ok. Firmware is latest.

Had you also removed the gimbal lock? Please help to check the gimbal anti-drop hook which had introduced by the tutorial below. If the problem still persists, I suggested sending the drone in for repair.
Please send an email to support.eu@dji.com. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-9-2
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 18:55
Danoldo, have you ever crashed the drone? Is there noise when you turn the gimbal ? Will the drone finish gimbal calibration? What is the firmware version?

I finally took the drone to where I purchased it.  They actually, after long discussion, convinced me to send it in and they would assist if I had any problems.  

I paid the $99.00 when it was requested (last week sometime) and the drone is still in "repaired/tested" phase (it has been for days).... I get no feedback when I ask about time to get it back.  This is what I was worried about.  I am in regret because of longevity.  I do understand that some things may take time but when I weigh my options via getting it repaired by someone vs sending it in and then allow even extra time for sending it in... I am now frustrated.  
2017-10-3
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

Danoldo Posted at 2017-10-3 06:41
I finally took the drone to where I purchased it.  They actually, after long discussion, convinced me to send it in and they would assist if I had any problems.  

I paid the $99.00 when it was requested (last week sometime) and the drone is still in "repaired/tested" phase (it has been for days).... I get no feedback when I ask about time to get it back.  This is what I was worried about.  I am in regret because of longevity.  I do understand that some things may take time but when I weigh my options via getting it repaired by someone vs sending it in and then allow even extra time for sending it in... I am now frustrated.

Case Number        Case Description        Type        Status        Create Time       
CAS-1027261-Q2L9F9        Collision /fell into water......        Repair        ReceiveMoney        2017/9/23 2:01:30
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Danoldo Posted at 2017-10-3 06:41

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. Per the case log, the drone is ready for shipping, we will send you the tracking number once the unit shipped. Hopefully you will receive it soon. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-10-4
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-4 01:33
I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. Per the case log, the drone is ready for shipping, we will send you the tracking number once the unit shipped. Hopefully you will receive it soon. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hi Susan,

Just as I have come to expect, my experience has gone from awful to worse.  Not only does DJI not practice good customer service and are notorious for being exceptionally horrible, I was shipped a malfunctioning drone.  

When I received it, I actually received a drone that is worse off than the one I sent in.  I'm not sure if DJI is liable for income subsidies?  My $99.00 repair fee definitely has cost me money + interest at this point.  I responded right away to the satisfaction emails and even linked a video I took of the drone I received right out of the box.  

I'm assuming my recourse is to repeat this absolutely god awful experience once again with a company I honestly can't believe remains in business?
2017-10-14
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

Is there even a reason people purchase the DJI Care Refresh?  The way DJI performs business is fraudulent.
2017-10-14
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 18:55

Please review the posts above.
2017-10-14
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-4 01:33

It wont let me send you a personal message.
2017-10-14
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danoldo Posted at 2017-10-14 06:21
Please review the posts above.

Danoldo, we are sorry to have let you down, would you please PM me your DJI account? We will send beta firmware about gimbal to have a try, thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-15 01:58
Danoldo, we are sorry to have let you down, would you please PM me your DJI account? We will send beta firmware about gimbal to have a try, thanks.

Hi Mindy,

I paid for DJI Care Refresh.  I then paid the fee associated with DJI Care Refresh as outlined in the agreement.  I sent in the drone according to the agreement.  I did not pay for DJI to tell me they are "testing" the drone(which is now a lie.  DJI has shown its cards and did straight up lie to me because they have not and did not test it.  If they did, I would like the technician to be reprimanded because you have an incompetent person working for you).   I sent in the drone to receive a properly working drone in return.  Now, in DJI's agreement it states, "You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement. The replacement’s S/N will be automatically bound to your DJI Care Refresh plan."

You have sent me a replacement.  I am not a technician nor have the desire to troubleshoot a problem I did not cause.

This is how it works in life.
1) DJI and myself agree to the purchase of the drone and contract terms.
2) I made a mistake, I paid to be able to make a mistake.  I troubleshot the problem and my best course of action was to go through DJI care refresh.
3) DJI complies with their contractual terms.
4) I receive back the DJI Drone according to their contract.
5) I thank DJI for being a company that abides by its word.

DJI and myself have not been able to understand or come to terms with (3).

DJI is now in breach of contract.

It is not my responsibility to fix DJI's problem.   I would like to revisit (3) and have it done without breach of contract.  DJI had the time and ability to get it right the first time.  DJI no longer has that time and ability.  What is DJI's next course of action?
2017-10-15
Use props
Big Nana
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Danoldo Posted at 2017-10-15 03:50
Hi Mindy,

I paid for DJI Care Refresh.  I then paid the fee associated with DJI Care Refresh as outlined in the agreement.  I sent in the drone according to the agreement.  I did not pay for DJI to tell me they are "testing" the drone(which is now a lie.  DJI has shown its cards and did straight up lie to me because they have not and did not test it.  If they did, I would like the technician to be reprimanded because you have an incompetent person working for you).   I sent in the drone to receive a properly working drone in return.  Now, in DJI's agreement it states, "You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement. The replacement’s S/N will be automatically bound to your DJI Care Refresh plan."

I feel your pain, I had the same experience with you.
But DJI support reconfigured my account and it only took a few minutes to fix it. It is better than sending in again.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danoldo Posted at 2017-10-15 03:50
Hi Mindy,

Danoldo, you have our sincere apologies for the trouble caused and unpleasant experience. I understand your frustration, since there is additional problem with the replacement, I would recommend to get it sorted out by updating the firmware. If you agree, please PM me your DJI account.
If you don't agree, I will escalate the case to local repair team, the next step may be sending in the drone again. But we will learn from this and improve the quality control of our products to make your experience with us better.
2017-10-15
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-15 22:27
Danoldo, you have our sincere apologies for the trouble caused and unpleasant experience. I understand your frustration, since there is additional problem with the replacement, I would recommend to get it sorted out by updating the firmware. If you agree, please PM me your DJI account.
If you don't agree, I will escalate the case to local repair team, the next step may be sending in the drone again. But we will learn from this and improve the quality control of our products to make your experience with us better.

Can you please tell me why this action was not performed while it was in the facility?  It was in DJI's facility.  Is it DJI's policy to send out a drone that is not working properly and needs additional repairs which then is asked of the client to do so?  I would like to know what is going on here.  If the case is escalated, I want to be the one to escalate it.  Please PM me whom I need to escalate this to.  
2017-10-16
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

Big Nana Posted at 2017-10-15 19:19
I feel your pain, I had the same experience with you.
But DJI support reconfigured my account and it only took a few minutes to fix it. It is better than sending in again.

I thank you for your response.  This is an unfortunate situation.  You are more than likely right about the timeline, however, this is a legal breach of contract.  If fault is proven, DJI is liable for my costs of downtime that were within their control.  Their inadequacy and failure to perform the proper repairs is well documented as this shipped out from and was received at one of their enterprise dealers.   The enterprise dealer is where I purchased the drone from.   Its been well documented on my end, the dealers end, and online.   This is not acceptable nor will it be tolerated when it is a paid service and they have a long history of failure to honor their agreement.
2017-10-16
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-15 22:27

Mindy,

I retrieved this from an earlier post in this thread.  I am sure you can access all of my account information from here.  When I click to send you a private message, all I am receiving is code from my web browser.

"Case Number        Case Description        Type        Status        Create Time        
CAS-1027261-Q2L9F9        Collision /fell into water......        Repair        ReceiveMoney        2017/9/23 2:01:30"
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danoldo Posted at 2017-10-16 03:14
Mindy,

I retrieved this from an earlier post in this thread.  I am sure you can access all of my account information from here.  When I click to send you a private message, all I am receiving is code from my web browser.

Danoldo, your account has been reconfigured, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to update the beta to see if the gimbal issue still persists.
This is a software issue recently, we do apologize for the poor quality control and subsequent troubles that have been brought after replacement. If you would like to escalate by yourself, you can contact our support via online chat or make a call, there will be related colleagues taking care of your case.
But I wish the problem will get sorted out after updating.
2017-10-16
Use props
balbinot99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1628921 ft

Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-16 04:33
Danoldo, your account has been reconfigured, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to update the beta to see if the gimbal issue still persists.
This is a software issue recently, we do apologize for the poor quality control and subsequent troubles that have been brought after replacement. If you would like to escalate by yourself, you can contact our support via online chat or make a call, there will be related colleagues taking care of your case.
But I wish the problem will get sorted out after updating.

I have the same problem with it in my phantom 4 advanced. the same error as the gimbal. Could you send me the beta firmware?  email register has geovanibalbinot@gmail.com
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

balbinot99 Posted at 2017-11-25 17:36
I have the same problem with it in my phantom 4 advanced. the same error as the gimbal. Could you send me the beta firmware?  email register has

If you mean Gimbal Overloaded, this beta is not for this.
But I have reconfigured your account, please have a try.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules