DJI Spark Firmware Error
1838 8 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

I have installed the recent firmware release at least 3 times now.  Each time says it has been installed successfully.  

The issue I'm running into is the "Return to Home" feature.  WIth use of the remote, everytime I initate the "Return to Home" slider upon low battery, my Spark all of a sudden heads straight up into the sky at full throttle. When I override this feature, I can manually bring it back to me.  When I replace the battery, and re-establish my remote to Spark connection, my iPhone app notifies me that there is a firmware error and I need to reinstall.  Don't know what is going on here.  Anyone experiencing this issue?
2017-8-31
Use props
Ethan-brown19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81745 ft
Australia

Check your RTH height, probably set to 30M so it will fly up to 30M to avoid trees or other tall objects, you batteries also need updating, so slide to install it will only install the bttery firmware update not the whole update again! Hope this helps!
2017-8-31
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

Ah, that makes sense.  I have 3 batteries, so all 3 of them will need the firmware update applied.  

With that said, I was in a wide open field at 9 meters with zero obstacles around the Spark.  Very strange that "Return to Home" behaves this way.  I had this type of behavior occur in gesture mode too, right before the battery died.  Was lucky the Spark came back down after climbing 30M because I had no remote at the time to override it.
2017-8-31
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

So looking at my app, the RTH is set currently at 0.  With that said, does DJI have a default setting of let us say 30M high if I don't enter a specific number in their range [20-50M] range?  Next time I'll avoid being paranoid about why it's behaving this way and let it run its course.  As a newbie, I spend a lot of time watching the drone instead of my controls.  Will have to get more comfortable focusing on the screen while the Spark is in flight.
2017-8-31
Use props
Ethan-brown19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81745 ft
Australia

Yeah if it isn’t set between that range it defaults to 30M as far as I’m aware !
2017-8-31
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

Ethan-brown19 Posted at 2017-8-31 20:30
Yeah if it isn’t set between that range it defaults to 30M as far as I’m aware !

Thanks for your help!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please kindly refer to the RTH logic which introduces in our manual at page 13 to confirm if the drone behaves properly: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf
Besides, you will get a "0" if you had not connected the drone will the app. RTH altitude is 30 meters by default, but if you change it once, it will remain on the parameter that you set except that you change it again or upgrade the firmware.
For the batteries, you need to upgrade all of them individually. You can refer to our tutorial:

2017-8-31
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 21:23
Please kindly refer to the RTH logic which introduces in our manual at page 13 to confirm if the drone behaves properly: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170727/Spark+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf
Besides, you will get a "0" if you had not connected the drone will the app. RTH altitude is 30 meters by default, but if you change it once, it will remain on the parameter that you set except that you change it again or upgrade the firmware.
For the batteries, you need to upgrade all of them individually. You can refer to our tutorial:

I tested out the RTH feature tonight and it works as specified by DJI, thanks.  Also all of my batteries have been upgraded with the new firmware.  The Spark seems to be behaving as expected while using the remote control.   I love flying it.

Thanks!
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

reveldevil Posted at 2017-9-5 21:18
I tested out the RTH feature tonight and it works as specified by DJI, thanks.  Also all of my batteries have been upgraded with the new firmware.  The Spark seems to be behaving as expected while using the remote control.   I love flying it.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that, thank you for your feedback. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules