Firmware upgrade
1124 5 2015-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbpubmac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75873 ft
United States

Where in the Pilot's App can you find information about the Firmware version your Inspire is using and also the Controller Firmware. I was told when I ordered my Inspire, that I would not have to bother with this because my order was sent well after the firmware was released. Naturally I would like to check this as I go through all the pre flight preparations for a new user.

2015-4-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you checked here my friend! Whoever told your order was the latest Firmware was wrong. You have to update the Controller and Inspire before you fly it. There are Tutorials on Youtube that will walk you through the process.
2015-4-1
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Actually that depends on which version of firmware is installed. My dealer, US Hobby, advised me to absolutely NOT update to version  1.2.0.17, as it has some documented bugs that has caused some problems. My Inspire was built on March 2nd, and has the previous firmware version, 1.2.0.16. I did no updates at all and it has flown absolutely reliably.  I would not update to the latest version, as there is another update in beta than will be released soon. You can see the version in the pilot app under "aircraft state"
2015-4-1
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

.17 runs fine...
2015-4-1
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

.17 works ok, does have some gps drop out issues so being able to fly in attitude mode and within line of sight is mandatory.
2015-4-1
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

That is true but people were having just as many dropouts with .16.  Some birds flew fine some didn't  but I myself would not risk running .16 if something does happen to your bird that could be under warranty I see Dji blaming the issue on outdated firmware.
2015-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules