2632 11 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zonemster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26174104 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I have the Phantom 4 Pro + with the build in screen, and it works just fine, until I tried to use the DroneDeploy or DJI GS station, when I hook up hte iPad with the software, it does not connect or recognize the iPad, but it recognizes the device as Storage, and its giving yhou option of transfaring the images ONLY!!!.
Does anyone have the Pro + and tried to connect the external device as a screen? Did it work? , and Hey DJI what is up with that, if I want to use the iPad with it it should work, or at least allow the apps from Google Play store to install on the screen you have provided, which is simple Android device.
2017-9-1
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

You didn't do any reach before purchase right?

Only whats installed from dji works on the plus controller (pity) cos they abused an open source os
2017-9-1
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Phantom 4 Pro+ system doesn't allow for installation of any third party apps or devices, it's exclusively a proprietary environment. This issue is clearly stated in specifications and manual. You can, however, purchase standard P4P controller to replace P4P+ controller, and use whatever device you like with any app you like.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Phantom 4 Pro + doesn't support any external devices and third party app.
2017-9-1
Use props
zonemster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26174104 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Well any of you can you show me where it was posted on the web site or in the manual that this is the case, cause I don't see it, and it should be in RED letters stated in SPECs, and it is not.
2017-9-2
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

zonemster Posted at 2017-9-2 08:26
Well any of you can you show me where it was posted on the web site or in the manual that this is the case, cause I don't see it, and it should be in RED letters stated in SPECs, and it is not.

You're right, my apologies ... Indeed this issue is NOT stated clearly enough either in specs or manual documentation, not to mention front DJI store page ...
2017-9-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Coulda, shoulda, asked!
2017-9-2
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

zonemster Posted at 2017-9-2 08:26

No this is not clear anywhere, welcome to the club of Phantom 4 Pro Minus (+) owners

Neighter does it anywhere state that you need to wifi in order to get the thing going at all in the first place, took me 14 days as i have no wifi and only barely a internet connection at all ( 5/1Mbit on a good day) ...

2017-9-3
Use props
fans1aadbded
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5915 ft
United States

I did the same stupid thing- bought the P4P+ and then couldn't utilize 3rd party apps. So, I went and purchased the P4P controller and I have downloaded and tried both Drone Deploy and DJI GS Pro for flight planning. I'm having issues with both of these apps- the drone takes off, hovers, and then lands. It WILL NOT perform the route planned out. I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone else have these issues?
2017-9-7
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans1aadbded Posted at 2017-9-7 07:53
I did the same stupid thing- bought the P4P+ and then couldn't utilize 3rd party apps. So, I went and purchased the P4P controller and I have downloaded and tried both Drone Deploy and DJI GS Pro for flight planning. I'm having issues with both of these apps- the drone takes off, hovers, and then lands. It WILL NOT perform the route planned out. I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone else have these issues?

minus (+) owner, not tried other apps but a wild guess ...
Could it have to do with the "login to Go4" requirement?
What would happen if you start Go4, let AC hover and then close/kill Go4 and start third party app?
2017-9-11
Use props
fans8d17cb8f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194154 ft
United States

Ok, I have already been through the Drone Deploy (third Party lockout) issue.  Now I stupidly logged out of DJI app on my controller and it can not log back in.  Says "Not connected to Network"  but I can not configure the controller to connect to controller unless I can get past the login screen.  I can not find a manual or user guide that actually covers a controller with a built in monitor?  I need to purchase the controller with out the monitor but I have not found it listed anywhere.  I am losing income not being able to use my drone and need help.
2017-9-12
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8d17cb8f Posted at 2017-9-12 11:25
Ok, I have already been through the Drone Deploy (third Party lockout) issue.  Now I stupidly logged out of DJI app on my controller and it can not log back in.  Says "Not connected to Network"  but I can not configure the controller to connect to controller unless I can get past the login screen.  I can not find a manual or user guide that actually covers a controller with a built in monitor?  I need to purchase the controller with out the monitor but I have not found it listed anywhere.  I am losing income not being able to use my drone and need help.

swipe down from top of screen should bring options to connect to wif etc ...think this is what you need
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules