Sept 1st surprise with updates
2202 14 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stan Cook
lvl.1
United States

I did all the up dates about a week ago.  Flew the Spark since then and all was fine.  Today, Sept 1, I got to fly and lose the signal no matter how far away.   Both OTG and WIFI.  It flies but loses signal over and over again.  Never happened before.  Also, the camera gimbal is not smooth anymore and video is ripped and with some pixels.  I landed it,  calibrated all sensors and still have the problem.  I have no idea what to do now.  I sent an email to DJI but I have not had a lot of success with them in the past.

2017-9-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now im afraid to fly the little thing.  I'll give it a fly tomorrow.
2017-9-1
Use props
magicbc
lvl.2
Canada

Wow, not good. I'm sure if you post the data, someone could enlighten us. I only had this problem once when I first got sparkle- I hit return to home and it dropped like a rock. Took me hours to find it.
2017-9-1
Use props
JasonMY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182562 ft
Malaysia

There are multiple threads regarding this no signal issue. I hope DJI could do something to fix this asap.
2017-9-1
Use props
Stan Cook
lvl.1
United States

I have seen threads about the lose of signal but I have never had that problem, even, until Sept 1st and after the dreaded updates need not to brink you Spark on Sept 1st.  Mine is not bricked but it may as well be.
2017-9-1
Use props
Stan Cook
lvl.1
United States

2017-9-1
Use props
Stan Cook
lvl.1
United States

I just got a notice tonight.  Look below.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the disconnect appear when connecting with RC or mobile directly? I would recommend you to change another location without interference to check again.
2017-9-1
Use props
Stan Cook
lvl.1
United States

That didn't work.  I thought I was an update behind but after checking this morning, I was wrong.  However I keep getting a lose of signal all the time, on and off.
2017-9-2
Use props
Stan Cook
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 23:04
Does the disconnect appear when connecting with RC or mobile directly? I would recommend you to change another location without interference to check again.

It happens when using the RC.  It has always worked fine until yesterday.
2017-9-2
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141549 ft
United States

I had an update to the app this morning.  I had updated all of the firmware when it first came out and had no issues.  I have not tried it since I updated the app this morning...it's raining.  I will try it tomorrow and see what happens.
2017-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-1 16:56
Now im afraid to fly the little thing.  I'll give it a fly tomorrow.

Flew with two batteries today using OTG cable with zero problem, not even the height limit showed up.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Stan Cook Posted at 2017-9-2 07:02
It happens when using the RC.  It has always worked fine until yesterday.

You connect the RC and mobile via WiFi, right? If yes, please refer the video and export all data for analysis. Thank you in advance.

2017-9-5
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish DJI would get there shet together !  
2017-9-5
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I completed the update prior to Sept 1st and have had no issues with connection or other.  Flew yesterday to test post Sept 1st and all was good, no issues.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules