1964 10 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schlomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67746 ft
Germany

Hello all,
I wonder if it is normal that I have to disable mobile data, when I want to connect DJI Go with my Spark respectively the Spark's Remote Control?!
If I have mobile data on and my Android smartphone is connected to the Spark's WiFi, the DJI Go App still does not establish the connection. Then, if I disable my mobile data,  the connection is successfully established within a few seconds.

Is the the targeted behavior?
Thanks for your answers
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please notice that you should download DJI GO 4 app instead of DJI GO. Keep us updated, if the problem exists. Thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
schlomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67746 ft
Germany

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the app version, I already use the DJI Go 4 App. :-|
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

schlomm Posted at 2017-9-5 21:29
Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the app version, I already use the DJI Go 4 App. :-|

Did you try to change a mobile device or reset your wifi? Usually, it don't have to disable mobile data.
2017-9-6
Use props
djiuser_3V2zvhW
New
United States

I have the same issue. The DJI Go 4 app will only connect to the Spark when I disable my mobile data.
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_3V2zvhW Posted at 2017-12-24 09:31
I have the same issue. The DJI Go 4 app will only connect to the Spark when I disable my mobile data.

try this:
Delete the spark connection.
Try to connect again
wait for the question
"wifi has no internet, connect anyway?"
Yes
Now your mobil data will be dead!
Even if on. Android problem.
That is one reason, why the spark needs a working OTG connection option!
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-24 09:45
try this:
Delete the spark connection.
Try to connect again

Forgot:

If your android isnt showing the "has no internet, connect anyway " option, you will have to look in the settings, where to tell your android to connect to a "dead" wifi!
2017-12-24
Use props
shasler419
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem. I have a google pixel 2 phone and I have to turn off mobile data every time in order for the phone to connect to the controller.
2018-10-4
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

Thats normal. See it from a network view. It depends on the network addresses you get on your mobile internet connection, and how your provider's admins configured the routing. I had the same issue, when I got my Spark new, I was not able to connect my phone to the Spark or R/C. Only after reading this forum I found out how to do it.
When you turn off your mobile data (which you should do anyway!) then its clear how the Go4 app can talk to the R/C or Spark.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-6
Use props
DecemB
lvl.1
Thailand

I use Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and connect with my  RC and Sparky with a latest version of firmware. When the connection is completed, It says "Wifi connected, no internet". It doesn't matter my mobile data either turn on or not.
It works just fine.
2018-10-8
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

DecemB Posted at 2018-10-8 23:26
I use Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and connect with my  RC and Sparky with a latest version of firmware. When the connection is completed, It says "Wifi connected, no internet". It doesn't matter my mobile data either turn on or not.
It works just fine.

OK, that "Wifi connected, no internet" message is normal, since the R/C can't provide internet :-)
Wether you can connect to your R/C works with mobile internet active ONLY depends on the routing settings your mobile provider has set up.

Cheers,
Wolferl

2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules