Drone Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycloneDrones
lvl.1
United States

Recently crashed beyond repair P3P.  Can a pilot re-purpose the remote control to another aircraft or should I toss both P3P and RC into the trash?
2017-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry about that. Yes, you can relink an RC to another aircraft.

What happened? Pilot error or drone malfunction?
You could post the flight LOG so we can evaluate the last flight, to see if there were any anomalies.
www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

Post a link back here, once you get the evaluation. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-5
Use props
CycloneDrones
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-5 18:42
Sorry about that. Yes, you can relink an RC to another aircraft.

What happened? Pilot error or drone malfunction?

Pilot error...lost signal...aircraft crashed into the bottom of a railroad bridge...duh!

Wonder if the P3P remote could be re-purposed to my P4?  P4 battery life is just 45 minutes as opposed to days.
2017-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

CycloneDrones Posted at 2017-9-5 18:48
Pilot error...lost signal...aircraft crashed into the bottom of a railroad bridge...duh!

Wonder if the P3P remote could be re-purposed to my P4?  P4 battery life is just 45 minutes as opposed to days.

Ah, noe I get it.

So you had two drones and crashed one, but the other drones RC is showing poor battery life...

You can try linking it, to see if it works. It won't affect your other RC.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's a pity. Th new P3P aircraft and old RC can be connected via linking RC. It is not compatible with P4 series.
2017-9-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Rather than toss the wreck, you could try salvaging some of the parts and make a few dollars to offset your loss.  Either that or sell the whole lot as a wreck and let them piece it out.  You will probably find there are many components like motors, camera, VPS, circuit boards and other plastics and covers that are still useful and could be difficult to find for others who have crashed.

It shouldn't be a problem selling a P3 controller as there are always people looking to buy them.  You might be lucky and still be able to buy just the aircraft alone as a spare/repair part at a greatly reduced cost from the complete kit.  That way you can continue to enjoy the P3P or sell it all as a complete working solution.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules