Manually Crank the Inspire into travel mode?
6043 6 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rpbeaulieu323
lvl.2

United States

My business partner and I both bought I1s. Both flew great....then the firmware update came...mine worked after the 3rd try but the update officially killed his Inspire so it has to go back to DJI. Problem is it is stuck with the gear down and wont link to the transmitter any longer so I cant get it into travel mode to put it in the case for shipping. Does anybody know if it can be manually cranked down or if there is any kind of overide to get it into travel mode? Please help! I feel bad because I initiated the update for him so its kind of my fault
2015-4-2
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you upgrade the copter but do not upgrade the transmitter, the two will not bind anymore. I have never seen one completely brick with the update but if its just the controller, use your controller, bind to the aircraft and put it in travel mode.
2015-4-2
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yeah, apparently the screw in the back of the copter will raise and lower the the landing gear. I personally haven't tried it so don't take my word for it. Others have mentioned this procedure before.
2015-4-2
Use props
rpbeaulieu323
lvl.2

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-4-3 01:23
If you upgrade the copter but do not upgrade the transmitter, the two will not bind anymore. I have  ...

It definitely has completely bricked. The transmitter update was successful but the aircraft keeps failing. I have tried re-binding with no success. I checked the LOG file for the aircraft update and it keeps failing on line 1900. DJI had me send them the LOG file and told me it would have to be sent in to be fixed. I have an S1000, S800, many other FPV/AP multirotors and I am familiar with most every flight controller on the market but this I1 supposedly has a completely new FC that DJI doesnt want anybody messing with. They wouldnt give me any insight to it when i asked if there was any way I could try to repair it myself haha.
2015-4-3
Use props
aumike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107116 ft
United States

I had the same issue.  I sent it back to the dealer I bought it from, as mine hadn't been flown yet and I'm trying to get them to replace it (hoping that will be faster than DJI's 6 week estimate).

Anyway, I removed the two screws/pins (1 on each side) that connect the landing gear to the silver pivot arm to the screw drive.  It is a hex screw, and once the screw is out, push the pit out the opposite direction.  

When I asked my dealer, who is authorized DJI dealer, about manually lowering the gear, they said it wasn't possible.  I didn't try the screw on the bottom, as other have said its very difficult to turn.  Didn't want to break something if that isn't in fact what its for.
inspire.jpg
2015-4-3
Use props
rpbeaulieu323
lvl.2

United States

Just an FYI update: I was able to manually crank it. I removed the gimbal mounting plate on the bottom and there was a flat head screw underneath in the center of the aircraft,  I cranked it about 10 times and it leveled out so I could pack it up and ship it
2015-4-9
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Is there another way to manually crank the inspire in travel mode, the screw did not work for me...
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules