So.... Curious how to proceed after repair with battery....
766 1 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffInCanada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

Hey all.   

A few weeks ago I posted a long story about how my Phantom 4 Pro fell out of the sky.

When sent in, I got a bit of a run around.  It took almost 2 months but I got things back yesterday.  

DJI said they would cover the repair and send it back via 2 day air.  the repair took a few days, and they didnt send it two day air.  Just regular so I missed a nice trip opportunity where I put on 1500km.

Anyhow.  In the description they claimed the battery cut out.  But I couldnt find reference in the logs.  The battery itself looks fine when I check it in the app.  

BUT, I dont feel confident putting the battery up in the air and the plastic connector is a little wonky so it doesnt sit in the body perfectly.

I bought the battery at Best Buy, where they CLEARLY STATE ON THE WEBSITE that the warranty is one year.   So I went to Best Buy with the battery and they told me I need to deal with the manufacturer.  DJI had no interest in my battery I told them, and they the warranty is 3 months.   I tried to persist but they wouldnt hear me out.

So I have a battery with no more then 10 charges on it, and it looks fine.   But who wants to put up a drone in the air not knowing if it COULD be a battery or not.

Any suggestions?!?  The 3 month battery warranty policy SUCKS.

Normally, I am not too fussy and was appreciateive that DJI waived the repair bill.  BUT, when it crashed it wasnt my fault, and the logs showed nothing of importance.  It flew gerat yesterday and I am back in action, but now I need to decide if I go spend another 220$ on a new battery and toss this in the garbage, or?!?

Pictures attaches with the DJI quote, the flight log when it crashed, and the best buy page stating the warranty.  Just curious what you guys may suggest!

2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeff, sorry for the accident and long time frame of repair process.
According to DJI After-Sales Policy, the warranty period of Phantom 4 series battery is 6 months and Charge Cycle less than 200 times rather than 1 year or 3 months. This is official warranty period and cannot be changed. Please read more here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy P4.png
The accident was caused by battery, we don't suggest to use this one anymore.
By the way, we didn't see any pictures you attached.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules