2683 6 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetline737
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11860 ft
Italy

Hi and tnxs for reading.

I have DJI GO v4.1.9 and I am using it with my Spark.
Howevr, everytime I start flying, I don't have any maps and I have to activate 3G to download/cache them and have them during the flight also if then 3G is switched OFF.
However, at the next App opening, Maps are not available without internet connection.

Is there a way to cache them?

In previous DJI GO version there was a special feature/selection, however I cannot find it anymore after the last update.

Tnxs, Regards.
2017-9-7
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Open dji go-tap up to the right corner to open the menu with 3 lines-tap oflline maps-download the map you want.Thats it
2017-9-7
Use props
Jetline737
lvl.1
Italy

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-7 10:50
Open dji go-tap up to the right corner to open the menu with 3 lines-tap oflline maps-download the map you want.Thats it

Thanks, but I cannot find it.
Could you please give me steps and confirm you have iOS device and DJI GO 4.1.9?
2017-9-7
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

(I posted this in another thread I started on same)

Just make sure you open the area you are going to fly in Apple Maps first (on wifi) - zoom in - out / move around to cache that area and any others - then leave Apple Maps open on your IOS device (in the background) - I usually go "Airplane Mode" and enable Wifi only - then launch the DJI Go app after connecting to the remote's Wifi - you will find the area you cached in Apple Maps available and ready in the GO 4 app - if it prompts about cellular just ignore it and the map will still appear - I've tested this a number of times and works great
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

For the iOS devices, launch the DJI GO 4 APP, go to the Map view page, then like JMX46 mentioned,  zoom in - out / move around to cache that area and any others when you have internet access.
2017-9-7
Use props
Jetline737
lvl.1
Italy

I tried the suggestion of JMX46, tnxs, but it doesn't work to me.
It did works 100% instead if I do that with the Map of DJI GO App, as DJI Diana says.
This is exactly what I already did so far. The problem is that everytime I have to this again and again, because cache is resetted when I close the App.

I have a friend who has a previous DJI GO App version on iOS and has the option to cache the maps. I am wondering if there is a special reason why this has been removed.

Thanks all for your help!
2017-9-8
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

Question: How does this process work for Android devices? I bought the DJI Crystal Sky monitor which is Android based and I cannot load any maps on it. I am using the original Go App with my Phantom 3 Pro.

Thanks!
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules