Best phone for DJI Spark
20471 21 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbfc8145c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 758 ft
New Zealand

I've been using a Samsung S6 with my Phantom Standard and Spark without any problems.

I'm about to upgrade my phone though and wondering what's a safe bet.

Anyone know which phones I should stick to? iPhone? Samsung Galaxy series?

Recommendations much appreciated!
2017-9-8
Use props
spline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45016 ft
Switzerland

you need a phone with 5.8 Ghz support.
directly and cheap from China. Xiaomi or other
2017-9-8
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

iPhone 7 Plus works glitch free so far so good!
2017-9-8
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

I'm using a BV8000pro without SIM card and its working great (in EU)
2017-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I see the most issues with android (and especially Samsung) devices.
But then again, you won't read about all the happy Android users most of the time.
2017-9-8
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have used iPhones ...6s plus 7plus and 5s and all work perfectly, as well as iPad Pro ..Nice big screen too
2017-9-8
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used a few Android devices.  None of them have been problem free, and I don't believe that the issues have been related to DJI Go 4.  Based on reading on the boards, it seems that iPhones have been superior.  Much more stable.

On the androids, I've found that DJI GO 4 has significant issues on lower powered devices (lots of things don't work right).  Again, NOT a DJI problem.

Even on higher powered Android devices (Galaxy S7 Edge), various problems can and do manifest.  Nothing I can't handle.
2017-9-8
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Using Xiaomi MI6. Big bright and powerful.
2017-9-8
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I use my old iphone 5s without sim card. Works just as well as with my iphone se.
But the many popup messages block proper interacting with the screen.
2017-9-8
Use props
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3678 ft
Germany

OnePlus 3 - works like a charm. Five came out lately, its a charming, too. (not worth the upgrade from a 3, but if i'd had an older phone, I would get it)
2017-9-8
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Croatia

It is much easier programing an App for iOs than for Android, because there are hundreds of android devices anf every single one suffers from different bugs depending on different casuistics. So, the app working fine in an android device can crash in another android device. . Hard programing work (and testing).
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I prefer Apple products. An iPhone 6 has proven reliable for me.
2017-9-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Iphone is the safest option for compatibility

From the website
Capture dji.JPG

2017-9-8
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Just got mine yesterday and I've been using my Galaxy S7 on wifi yesterday and today. Will be ordering an OTG cable very soon. Other than the usual issues on straight wifi, the S7 has been fine. I'm in the market for a tablet. As far as a new phone, I suggest getting one that meets your needs for a phone first, then worry about using it on your drone. Get the phone you want. If it works with your Spark, great! If not, no big deal, you have a compatible phone with your S6.
2017-9-8
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi,

I use old Ipad mini2 with an OTG cable, and for me it is much better than any android device that I have tested (about 9-10 of them). There is no big lag like on an Android device.

Try this link:        http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go

2017-11-17
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-8 07:51
I've used a few Android devices.  None of them have been problem free, and I don't believe that the issues have been related to DJI Go 4.  Based on reading on the boards, it seems that iPhones have been superior.  Much more stable.

On the androids, I've found that DJI GO 4 has significant issues on lower powered devices (lots of things don't work right).  Again, NOT a DJI problem.

Same here. I do not like to advertise Apple stuff, but they work much better with DJI products. Tested on Inspire1 and now with a Spark.
2017-11-17
Use props
djiuser_r4BvQ0s
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141877 ft
Vietnam

I used an ipad mini 2, that I bought especially for use with my Spark. Worked fine until 1/1/18, when it started to make problems. Would not allow me to change maximum altitude and return to 40m' every time, that limited me so much, since I couldn't go higher, and a new problem now:  I get a notice that the picture signal is weak. Even when the remote and the Spark are right next to each other and connected with OTG to the ipad  , so I cannot fly to far (50-60m), without loosing visuals on the Go4.
I am prety sure that the problem is with the app. and I don't know what to do.
2018-1-3
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Using an HTC One M8 Android 6.0 connected to rc via WiFi. No issues or video lag/disconnects for me so far. If I upgrade to a new device I will probably factory reset the M8 and keep it in the combo bag with my spark for flying. I've been extremely happy with this phone over its lifetime so far, it's very robust and reliable.
2018-1-3
Use props
fans2e60f56a
New

United States

So I guess the I phone X still isn’t Compatible
2018-3-26
Use props
Young Cobe
New

Philippines

Hey guys I just want to know if oppo F7 is compatible with Dji Spark.

I'm thinking to buy a Dji spark but my current phone is oppo F7.

Thank you.
2018-11-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly DJI prefers Apple products!! Had a lot of issues with Android, but then that said most of those issues are ironed out now and my Samsung S8 is abolutely fine when OTG cabled up! With wi-fi its pretty rubbish range wise!!!
2018-11-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

As many have posted, Apple stuff seems to work better with the DJI app.  But, I recently updated my phone to a Samsung Note 8 and it works great so far with the DJI app
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules