6652 13 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been working on my friend's Inspire for a while now and I've gotten it to fly perfectly again, but I cant seem to get it to go into the proper Travel Mode. Whenever I try, the landing gear ends up going all the way up instead of stopping just before the body touches the ground. I have been trying this with the gimbal already removed from the aircraft when I turn it on, but it ist still telling me to remove the gimbal. I have also gotten it to stay in travel mode (with the legs all the way up), but that has been while I am holding the aircraft and it doesnt have any pressure on the legs. Any ideas on what I can do to make it right so that my friend cna take it with him on his travels?
Check out the video to see exactly what is happening.
PS, I have also tried toggling the landing gear switch four times, and the same thing is happening.

2017-9-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

The VPS sensor is what stops the landing gear motor when it has reached Travel position. It does this by sensing the distance from the bottom of the AC to what is below it. It is very sensitive also. Perhaps the cable connecting t to the power distribution board is loose / unplugged / broken. Sensor lenses clean? Is gimbal mount cover in place?
2017-9-8
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

try replacing the vision positioning system, it may not be working.  it uses this to know where the ground it.  If i try to put mine in travel mode on the grass it will not do it.

2017-9-8
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

They notoriously do not like carpet, place on top of the case or some other, hard/textured surface and retry.

Mark G.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to initiate the Travel mode on a hard ground, the carpet might affect this function.
2017-9-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cant hold it in the air as the VPS sensor needs to "detect" the ground .  Put on a level hard surface like a smooth hardwood floor and it will work just fine .

donnie
2017-9-9
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-9 00:37
They notoriously do not like carpet, place on top of the case or some other, hard/textured surface and retry.

Mark G.

Thanks guys! you were right, apparently they don't like carpet. Tried in on the wooden table in my kitchen and it worked perfectly first try.
2017-9-9
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Mr Smith Posted at 2017-9-9 14:34
Thanks guys! you were right, apparently they don't like carpet. Tried in on the wooden table in my kitchen and it worked perfectly first try.

2017-9-9
Use props
fans44043362
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214770 ft
United States

Make sure that the surface below the lens is flat and reflective. I use my iPad placed upside down and it works every time.
2017-9-30
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans44043362 Posted at 2017-9-30 09:11
Make sure that the surface below the lens is flat and reflective. I use my iPad placed upside down and it works every time.

sweet thanks, yeah my problem was that i was doing it on carpet. it worked 1st try when I put it on a table
2017-9-30
Use props
morris-gj
New
Flight distance : 34206 ft
New Zealand

I have had to remove the landing gear servo motor on my Inspire 1 as the brass gear came loose on the motor shaft. I could hear the motor turning to try and raise/lower the landing gear but it didn't move without a bit of external pressure on the arms to help it. Since repairing it, it now jams at the end of the worm travel. We know that the travel mode finds its position from the sonar unit, but does anyone know how the servo drive finds the up and down end points? I cannot see anything that would detect these points and sonar would not do this in flight of course. Could it be just the number of motor revolutions from travel mode position? That seems unlikely. I am going to power it up with the servo motor hanging on its cable and wind the gear up and down manually on the worm screw thread and see if the motor stops when I get near the end of the thread! I know that other users have had the motor gear come loose on the shaft. It looks as if it is just a push fit but it wasn't even tight, made even looser presumably by the motor shaft turning inside the gear while I figured out why the landing gear wasn't moving! Any thoughts welcome.
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_2FwArOIyKOVZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5564 ft

Argentina

Buenas noches desde argentina,tengo problemas con el modo travel (viaje) lo eh hecho desde el telefono,manual mente desde el RC 2 veces despues 5 veces ariba y abajo  piso de madera,piso duro arriba de una mesa ,desde el stick de H  y no logro que quede es la posicion viaje,queda arriba o se va abajo y se pasa de su posicion cual sera el problema
2018-2-21
Use props
arianinspire1
lvl.1

Argentina

no puedo ver el video!!!
2018-2-21
Use props
arianinspire1
lvl.1

Argentina

muchas gracias a todos ya solucione mi problema con el modo viaje,lo que hice fue desinstalas la app y volverla a instalarla y comenzo a funcionar perfectamente!!!1
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules