Photo and Video Buttons Unresponsive on RC
2160 9 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmd610
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85200 ft
United States

Hi.  Is anyone else having this problem?  

I am pressoing the video and photo buttons on the RC and the response is sporatic. Sometimes pressing the video button will start/stop the video and other times the button will not respond.  Same thing with the photo button....sometimes it will capture the photo, other times pressing the button brings no response.  This makes the capturing video or photos with the remote unreliable.  

Other times the button response is slow --- about 30 second delay in starting a video capture from the time I hit the button on the RC to the time it actually starts capturing the video.

I'll accept that I'm doing something wrong, so if I am please let me know.  I am hopeful that this is something I can do differently, or adjust on my end.  Still within the first week of ownership here.  Thank you everyone!!

2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Press the record button once, you will begin to record. The timer will tell you the status. The second press will end it. During recording the video, pictures can not be taken, please check and confirm.  
2017-9-8
Use props
fansf7fa979c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are in recording mode and press the photo button, the first press will switch to photo mode without taking a picture. If you are in photo mode the the first press switches to video mode.
2017-9-8
Use props
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

If you are in quick shot mode i think they dont work. Make sure you are flying in normal mode.
2017-9-8
Use props
rmd610
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85200 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 20:32
Press the record button once, you will begin to record. The timer will tell you the status. The second press will end it. During recording the video, pictures can not be taken, please check and confirm.

Thank you. I flew quickly this morning and that seemed to work. When I get a better opportunity to fly this weekend I'll try the video/photo features again.  Have a good weekend
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rmd610 Posted at 2017-9-9 07:22
Thank you. I flew quickly this morning and that seemed to work. When I get a better opportunity to fly this weekend I'll try the video/photo features again.  Have a good weekend

Thanks for keeping me updated. Upload your video here if the buttons still not work.
2017-9-11
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I always forget about the buttons on the RC and always use the app to start video/take pics etc :-(
2017-9-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

thanks for the info .. i'll keep it in mind next time I fly with remote.
2017-9-11
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

After the update had EXACTLY that issue and had to use the on screen buttons as the delay was similar to yours and having 20 - 30 second delays from pushing either button to actually get a response. Being honest this problem hasn't persited and the button responsiveness is as it should be.... unlike my video lag which pains me every time!!
2017-9-12
Use props
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3678 ft
Germany

fansf7fa979c Posted at 2017-9-8 20:48
If you are in recording mode and press the photo button, the first press will switch to photo mode without taking a picture. If you are in photo mode the the first press switches to video mode.

This one! It also confused me at the beginning.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules