1275 4 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HaniLondon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223048 ft
United Kingdom

hi,

I would like to hear from others regarding their experience in connecting their spark to the RC via cable. My connection worked but kept on getting disconnected after a minute or so. Had to manual land th drone to re-establish the connection. I gave up after a while. I am using a connector from Marlin usb 2.0 on the go which connects to the RC and provides a usb connector to connect the original iPhone 7 charging cable.

Please let me know your experience. If it has worked, can you please let me know if you did anything in the app and what cable / peripheral you have used
2017-9-9
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had success connecting to RC via OTG cable, but I have found a few interesting things.

1)  Cables aren't very rugged.  My first OTG cable kind of fell apart after a few weeks of use.  I noticed that the connection from phone to RC was getting very unreliable via (this) OTG, and I spent hours trying to figure out why by experimenting with startup order and connection order.  I FINALLY examined the cable and found that the female housing had come loose, and that I needed a new cable.
2)  The USB cables I've used have likewise not lasted very long.  My favorite cable (it's green and matches my spark, what can I say?) stopped working for connection, and I had to go to another cable.

It seems to me that using these cables in the field is harder on them than their probable intended use, and now when I have OTG connection issues the very first thing I check is the integrity of the cables.  I carry a spare usb cable and spare otg cable.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use the OTG cable since it hasn't been fully tested. Have you tried the WiFi, does it have the same issue?
2017-9-10
Use props
HaniLondon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223048 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you both for your replies. Wifi  works perfectly well.

The Marlin OTG cable with apply power usb don't  not always work. Yesterday I noticed that the iPhone went to charge mode when connected to the RC.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HaniLondon Posted at 2017-9-10 02:41
Thank you both for your replies. Wifi  works perfectly well.

The Marlin OTG cable with apply power usb don't  not always work. Yesterday I noticed that the iPhone went to charge mode when connected to the RC.

Thanks for clarification. We can not ensure the performance when connected with OTG. Should you have any further questions, please contact us.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules